Question of the day - Thursday 29 December

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wavey:

Do you live far from where you were born ? :blobpink:

I live about a 20 minute drive from where I was born. So, not very far away at all :D

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not too far. I'm in NJ, born in Brooklyn. Less than an hour's drive if traffic is light.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm about a 2 hour drive away, and the hospital is still there.  My hubby was born in a clinic about 5 minutes away from where we live!  They had beds in the clinic where mothers delivered, and went home the same day if all was well!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, halfway across the country! I was born in San Diego, in the Balboa military hospital. The hospital is no longer there, we checked last time we visited :D. Or, maybe the hospital as an institution is still there, idk, but that building is gone anyway.

My uncle, on the other hand, was born at home and still lives on the property. They built a new house but it's only about 20 feet from the old one. It's weird for me to even contemplate that kind of heritage.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not that far, but I got here in a very roundabout way!  I was born in Savannah, GA, moved to Anchorage, AK when I was just weeks old, them moved to Florida where I did MOST of my growing up, bounced around the southeast through two marriages (25 moves in 20 years), then moved here to NC in 2007.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
No I was born in the next town over.. I have lived in this city for my entire life.. 

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I live about 8800km/5500mi from where I was born. It's not physically possible to drive between the two places.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 70 miles away from where I was born, I lived there for the first 55 years of my life. Now  I live where my husband was born!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born halfway across the country, too. I was born in New Orleans and now live hear Chicago.

I grew up in Arlington, VA, and when I go back there, I am soooo glad I don't live there anymore.

Last edited: