Question of the day - Thursday 27 May

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toss where? Out the window to the birds? :lol:
Bread is not good for birds.

That is how I got my cats. I used to feed the birds bread and one day I looked out my window and saw a cat eating the bread. I was a dog person and did not care for cats but I thought that poor cat must be starving. So the next day I picked up a bag of cat food and that is how I got my feral colony. A year later I was feeding 16 cats and 5 of them were pregent. That's when I learned about TNR and I got busy!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Bread is not good for birds.

That is how I got my cats. I used to feed the birds bread and one day I looked out my window and saw a cat eating the bread. I was a dog person and did not care for cats but I thought that poor cat must be starving. So the next day I picked up a bag of cat food and that is how I got my feral colony. A year later I was feeding 16 cats and 5 of them were pregent. That's when I learned about TNR and I got busy!
Bless you! I been through this as well with feeding homeless outdoor kitties I couldn't bare to see go hungry. Also, the population explosion with kittens born everywhere. Which pushed me to get tnr certified. I am happy to say, thay all the cats on my block are tnred and the population is going down.

Wow, so you went out to feed the birds and wound up with a cat colony. 😀 That's destiny right there. Thank you for taking care of these kitties. :rock: We need more people like you out there. 🙂

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you! I been through this as well with feeding homeless outdoor kitties I couldn't bare to see go hungry. Also, the population explosion with kittens born everywhere. Which pushed me to get tnr certified. I am happy to say, thay all the cats on my block are tnred and the population is going down.

Wow, so you went out to feed the birds and wound up with a cat colony. 😀 That's destiny right there. Thank you for taking care of these kitties. :rock: We need more people like you out there. 🙂ieces
Thanks, but what little I did wasn't much compared to what most people in this forum does to help cats. My colony faded away 10 years ago. The last two I had to have put to sleep because they were very sick. What does getting tnr certified mean?

Squirrels? Certainly something could eat that poor bread slice....I mean end piece. 😭
I always eat my end pieces in a sandwich or toast. I feed the squirrels and birds nuts and suhflower seeds.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, but what little I did wasn't much compared to what most people in this forum does to help cats. My colony faded away 10 years ago. The last two I had to have put to sleep because they were very sick. What does getting tnr certified mean?

I always eat my end pieces in a sandwich or toast. I feed the squirrels and birds nuts and suhflower seeds.
You still helped those kitties. You did make a difference in there lives. Ally Cat Allies has a program with the ASPCA and other local organizations where I live to train either in an in person class or via online. After taking this training I got a certificate stating I was tnr certified. ASPCA will then allow you once you show this proof and fill out their forms, to bring your colony cats in for free tnr/vacs service. It is a great program. Over 25 cats on my block were tnred through this program. I hope the ASPCA has this program in many other places. It is a lifesaver!🙂