Question of the Day - Thursday 26 February

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wavey:

Todays question is...........

How often on average do you need to fill up the gas tank in your car ?

I need to fill up about every 5 weeks :D

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We're both a bit "green" and walk or ride bikes to work or take public transportation, so our car isn't used every day. It's a diesel, too. On average, it probably gets gassed up once every three or four months.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi everyone

Todays question is...........

How often on average do you need to fill up the gas tank in your car ?

I need to fill up about every 5 weeks
Same as you - every 6 weeks or so.  I hardly use my car.  I don't even go more than a mile on weekdays; back and forth to the town train station.  Weekends, are usually just running errands locally.  A tank lasts a long time this way!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Every week. Same with Rick's truck. Right now, filling up my car costs me about $30. Once the snow melts, I'll start driving Clarence again and he'll probably cost me about $20 a week. He is cheaper to drive than the Tucson.

We live in a rural area, so if I'm going somewhere (anywhere), I'm driving. 

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, every 6 weeks! I wish! No, a car is necessary in this area; everything is so far away and there's no public transportation. I fill up once or twice a week.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also live in a rural area; so driving is necessary.  I don't drive every day though; so my car probably gets filled up every 2-3 weeks.  It depends on how much I have to do outside the home.  Even though we are rural; DH doesn't have to drive that far to get to his job; so he doesn't use that much gas either.  I'm not sure how often he fills up.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think about every two weeks or so, it depends how many times we go on our 'drives' around the state to find good places to eat!

mojoseph

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am at the pumps at least twice a week. My company relocated from four minutes from my house to an hour last summer