Question Of The Day - Thursday 25 Jan

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Favorite subject....girls.
Least favorite?....girls.

Took me a while just to get a passing grade in girls. Cats are so much simpler.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite? Probably Speech and Debate or perhaps Journalism

Least favorite? Physics, hands down!

I was in the band, so I didn't have to take gym, thank goodness. I had knees that dislocated, so I couldn't have participated anyway. That's good, because I have absolutely no aptitude for athletics of any kind.

Laney_Jane

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Art was def my favourite, PE my least. Although with age I have learnt to love PE because it means I feel fit and healthy inside as well as out :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite subjects were English (Literature) and Biology.
My least favorite subject was Shorthand. (I had to take the business curriculum because Mom told me I'd never be able to go to college).

So when I was in college, I took College Algebra (I decided to CLEP out of the course; you take a test and, if you pass the test, you get the credits and don't have to take the course). It was really hard because I had no clue; I never had Algebra. Our son, bless his heart, got me through the book. And that was very interesting! I couldn't get the hang of the x's and y's and he did everything but bang his head on the table. And then one night, it was like a light bulb went off and he said he could see that it hit. And from then on in, I was good. And I did really well in Algebra, passed the test and didn't have to take the course. The next semester, I had to take a Stats class and I enjoyed that, too.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually liked Math, my favorite was Trig. I think a lot of people have that light bulb moment with Math. It's a specific way of thinking and until you get it Math is a chore that you don't think you will ever get. Once someone has that light bulb moment then Math becomes much easier and for some actually enjoyable.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hated English when I went to public school. Hated it. That's because it was all useless busywork. I'm a total grammar/punctuation/spelling/literature nerd though. If it had been presented properly I would have loved it.

Favorite? Hmm, maybe Reading or PE. I read all the time anyway, might as well get good grades for it, and PE was fun because the PE teacher was my friend's dad and he always thought up new games like scooter ball or a race with your shoelaces tied together or something. He was a lot of fun.