What was your favorite & least favorite subjects at school ? :read:

Here's mine -
Favorite - Science
Least fav - English

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite was always social studies - I preferred history over geography slightly but enjoyed them both. I even ended up with sociology w/ early childhood education as one of my majors (French was the other).

Least favorite was probably math, especially when I got to the harder stuff. I rushed through and did algebra and geometry in jr high and then I hit my ceiling where I just didn't get it anymore. (I have many regrets, but never doing calculus is not one).

Oddly, I usually enjoy teaching math.

(Way to turn a simple question into a novel, Lari)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite: Photography or Auto Mechanics
Least favorite: Anything to do with Math

Funny thing is, I can't work on any of these new cars and can't take a decent picture to save my life. AND, I worked in finance for over 20 years.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Hands down favorite(s) were Art, English and Spanish. Least favorite definitely Math.
To this day I still love to draw with the students at school especially if they're having a rough day. You don't have to talk or ask questions when drawing, it helps them relax and is a good coping skill. Usually they choose a picture in a favorite book and ask me to draw it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My least favorite was probably gym. Only because I could doodle during math class. :lol:

My favorite was probably English; although I've never really liked the books they chose for us to read. I liked Floriculture too. And Chorus. But I'm guessing your looking more for main subject answers here. ;)

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In high school my least favorite was Physics. I worked so hard but never really got it. At the Technical college it was Accounting. I got it but thought it was dumb because only accountants keep track of finances that way.

My favorites were Choir, Drama, English, History, Art... I actually liked most of my classes.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
History was my favorite. Gym was my hands down least favorite, I dreaded it. Of the academics my least favorite was Grammar, I liked the Literature classes but not grammar. I still get a little sinking feeling when I think about diagramming sentences.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'd say my favorite subject was math, and i also really enjoyed geography. my least favorite would be gym :headshake:, and science -- i just couldn't do the frog dissecting :nono:, and after that, science was not a subject i enjoyed.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Favourite: English, Spanish, Biology, Chemistry, Arts, Philosophy
Least favourite: maths, geography

It is not that I didn't enjoy math lessons, but that I knew that I was going to fail the exams no matter how well I knew how to do everything, I was just going to replace an 8 by a 3 or viceversa. It was a big source of anxiety.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Most favourite: LA (language arts) and outdoor eduction :lol:

Least Favourite: Math. I'm good at it but it's boring, to be truthful. :sigh:

Honourable Mention: I also really like science because of the lab work we do. Soon we're dissecting cow eyeballs! Last year we dissected owl pellets. I really love anatomy and all that gross stuff. :cool2:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite was English and my least favorite was math. In my defense, I was later diagnosed with dyscalculia, just too late to make a real difference.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite all through school was art, I had a very good art teacher all through school and even in college.

My least favorite subject was gym. I was always very athletic as a child, but very bad at team sports because of nervousness and bullied. What made me dislike gym mostly - every class, two team "captains" would select teams and I was chosen last 100% of the time. :dunno: Even back then, I knew there was something wrong with that picture :lol: I do very fondly remember being so scared to go to gym one day in high school, that my mom wrote me a note to skip out class. Good for her, I think that was our silent protest. I silently thank those team "captains" because I believe the scenario has made me the fiercely independent, stubborn person that I am today! :)

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
My favorite all through school was art, I had a very good art teacher all through school and even in college.

My least favorite subject was gym. I was always very athletic as a child, but very bad at team sports because of nervousness and bullied. What made me dislike gym mostly - every class, two team "captains" would select teams and I was chosen last 100% of the time. :dunno: Even back then, I knew there was something wrong with that picture :lol: I do very fondly remember being so scared to go to gym one day in high school, that my mom wrote me a note to skip out class. Good for her, I think that was our silent protest. I silently thank those team "captains" because I believe the scenario has made me the fiercely independent, stubborn person that I am today! :)
Yep, that happens to me too in gym, sometimes. But I laugh it off--I am always picked last in soccer and football and such, but with other things like cricket, cross-country and running sports everything flips and I am in very... high demand.

Guess we all have strengths and weaknesses, eh? ;)

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, that happens to me too in gym, sometimes. But I laugh it off--I am always picked last in soccer and football and such, but with other things like cricket, cross-country and running sports everything flips and I am in very... high demand.

Guess we all have strengths and weaknesses, eh? ;)
Merlin77 Merlin77 , you are so right! We would not be human without strengths and weaknesses. My schooldays were many years ago, and I hoped teams were still not selected like this.

Wow, cross country and running sports, you sound like my nephew! He also was good at running as opposed to team sports and ran all through school. In college, he kept up with it and ran in the Boston Marathon twice! Good for you and good for you for appreciating your strengths! That is great! Very best wishes in school and sports from R raysmyheart and Speedy!