Question of the Day - Thursday 24 September

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi Everyone :wavey: :jump:

Today's question is .........

Which side do you normally lie on when you are falling asleep ? Right, left, front or back

I normally lie on my right side when falling to sleep :sleep: But then wake up on my left side :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I normally fall asleep on my right side; but I am all over during the night.  We have a king size bed but I still manage to end up close enough to DH to annoy him with breathing & snoring. 

Miriette

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oddly enough it seems to be whatever side is facing the edge. If I'm sleeping in bed then I usually fall asleep on my right side, but if I'm on the couch it's usually on my left.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Usually my left side because Molli cuddles with me and she wants to be between Rick and me. Sometimes I have to fall asleep flat on my back, though, because my left arm is around Molli and my right arm is around Muffin. Then, during the night, Molli will go up and lay down on my pillow at my head. At that point, I roll over to my right side and cuddle with Muffin.

When I have a migraine, I will lie on whichever side the migraine is the worst. At that point, Molli will cuddle with Rick or go down to the foot of the bed and sleep there. But if I roll over to my left side in my sleep, she will awaken me, trying to get me to cuddle with her.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i like to start out laying flat on my back for about 5-10 minutes. then i turn onto my right side (it has to be my right side, snick's preference), so when snick joins me i'm laying in the position snick likes -- so she has her favorite spot, under the blankets and behind my knees. snick gets up several times a night to go get some water and some of the snack i set out for her right before bedtime, and then she comes back to bed and back to her favorite spot. i'm so used to lifting the blankets for her to come in or get back out that i many times don't remember it the next morning.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I start off on my left side, but usually spend the night fighting the cats for the duvet and a bit of space in the bed. I wake up in all kinds of weird, uncomfortable positions.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

i like to start out laying flat on my back for about 5-10 minutes. then i turn onto my right side (it has to be my right side, snick's preference), so when snick joins me i'm laying in the position snick likes -- so she has her favorite spot, under the blankets and behind my knees. snick gets up several times a night to go get some water and some of the snack i set out for her right before bedtime, and then she comes back to bed and back to her favorite spot. i'm so used to lifting the blankets for her to come in or get back out that i many times don't remember it the next morning.
When Banshee was alive, Rick told me that if I I took the bed covers away from her, she would sit up and pat my neck to awaken me. Then I'd say, "Sorry, baby girl." and I'd bring her closer to me, cuddle with her, pull the covers back over her, and she'd go back to sleep. And I never even woke up fully. I just did it. Sometimes she'd wake up and I had rolled over so my back was to her. She'd pat me until I rolled back over, gathered her back up and she'd drop back off. I never even woke up. I just did it.

Mollipop doesn't pat my neck. Yet. But she will sit there and stare at me until I wake up. Rick says sometimes it takes a while, but I usually pull Molli down into the covers with me, too. And I just do it in my sleep.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I technically start off on my back, since while I am reading Morgana nestles herself on my chest/neck. If I am able to move ahead of time (or at least make the oh-so-painful decision to disturb her so I can move) I usually go for my left side, in which case Morgana will resettle and snuggle in.

My favourite position is on my tummy though 
 where Morgana is then either on my back or head. 

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fall asleep on my back, too, since Tophel likes to snuggle against my left shoulder while my arm hugs him. But I toss and turn all night, left, right, left, right, butI think I sleep the best while on my stomach.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually I start off on my back because I'm reading and/or watching TV.  And because Swanie likes to get comfortable on my legs.  Once I'm ready to sleep I typically flip over on my left side. It really depends on which side hurts the least at any given time. I can't sleep on my back usually unless I nod off while reading / watching TV.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

When Banshee was alive, Rick told me that if I I took the bed covers away from her, she would sit up and pat my neck to awaken me. Then I'd say, "Sorry, baby girl." and I'd bring her closer to me, cuddle with her, pull the covers back over her, and she'd go back to sleep. And I never even woke up fully. I just did it. Sometimes she'd wake up and I had rolled over so my back was to her. She'd pat me until I rolled back over, gathered her back up and she'd drop back off. I never even woke up. I just did it.

Mollipop doesn't pat my neck. Yet. But she will sit there and stare at me until I wake up. Rick says sometimes it takes a while, but I usually pull Molli down into the covers with me, too. And I just do it in my sleep.
snick pats my leg when she's wanting me to lift the blankets!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sleep on my left side but I'm going to have to stop that as my left shoulder has really been hurting. 

roobear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I lived at home it was my right cos Max would cuddle up with me and I liked to stroke him as i fell asleep. Now its my left cos OH likes to spoon, but after a while that is too painful for my back so I'll move onto my back or my right side.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right side. Left side. Sitting up with my fingers still on the keys typing!!!!!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can really only sleep for the night on my stomach.  If I'm taking a nap on the couch though, I can nap on either side.