Question of the Day - Thursday 23 April

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wavey:

What are your favourite and least favourite pizza toppings ?

Favourite - Extra cheese, mushrooms

Least - Peppers, onions

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Favorites  sausage and green bell peppers

Least  anchovies and hot peppers like jalepenos

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favourite - chicken, sundried tomato and feta cheese or pepperoni, bacon and sausage

Least favourite - onions, peppers, hot peppers and olives

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
favorites:  extra cheese (and i prefer both mozzarella and asiago cheeses) and pepperoni; or mozzarella cheese, fresh basil leaves and thinly sliced tomatoes.

least:  green peppers (though i do like sweet red/orange/yellow peppers), onions, sausage

definite no-no's:  black olives (aka, washers), anchovies

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
favorite: extra cheese, black olives and onions.

Least favorite: any kind of meat.

Last edited:

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a place here that makes an amazing pizza with pesto for sauce, toasted pine nuts, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes and cheese. It's my favorite pizza.. but getting expensive

Favorites besides what I listed since it's a "gourmet" pizza - Pepperoni, cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, canadian bacon with pineapple, chicken etc. A good beef pizza like a taco pizza is good too! And sausage! And I like shallots on my pizza too.

Least favorite - Olives (I think it they make it too salty) and peppers.  And I wouldn't ever choose anchovies.

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Favorite - Pepperoni.  

Least - Pineapple.  I just don't get this.

Actually I like just about everything on pizza, even anchovies.  White pizzas are the yum too.

For me it's the quality of the pie that counts most.  A poorly made pizza with my favorite topping still will be awful.  I'm a bit of a pizza snob, having grown up in Brooklyn/New York 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Favorite - Pepperoni.  

Least - Pineapple.  I just don't get this.

Actually I like just about everything on pizza, even anchovies.  White pizzas are the yum too.

For me it's the quality of the pie that counts most.  A poorly made pizza with my favorite topping still will be awful.  I'm a bit of a pizza snob, having grown up in Brooklyn/New York 
Favorite: extra cheese,  bacon, onions, fresh garlic, black olives, meatballs, sausage ( not all at once 
)

Least Favorite: Green peppers, tomatoes, anchovies (ew), pineapple (just wrong on so many levels IMO)

I know what you mean about bad pizza. There's just so much bad pizza here in Florida it's ridiculous. I grew up in NY too so I am a pizza (and bagel) snob too. I'm at the point that if my choice is bad pizza or nothing, I'll pick nothing. I'll just eat something else. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
FAVORITE: It's pizza and we'll eat almost anything on it.

LEAST: Almost means no black olives or anchovies

Other than that, we're good to go.

It's not really a question of the toppings for us as much as it is the dough. We like a chewy yet kind of crispy dough. Nice and brown on the bottom, but not overly so. We kind of prefer my pizza dough....it's just really good. We do go out for pizza on occasion or will get Papa John to deliver, but that's rare. We love to grill pizza whenever we can. And it's so much cheaper to make it ourselves. I can get a dough ball out of the freezer and throw it in the fridge the night before and then get it out of the fridge to come to room temp about two hours before I shape it. I can throw together a stuffed crust pizza quickly. And I use my own sauce, too.

Remember the Priazzo from Pizza Hut? A layer of dough on the bottom, with the fillings, then a really thin layer of dough on top, then more cheese? I still make them. They're really good.

I don't know; maybe we're kind of pizza snobs, too.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Favorite: extra cheese,  bacon, onions, fresh garlic, black olives, meatballs, sausage ( not all at once 
)

Least Favorite: Green peppers, tomatoes, anchovies (ew), pineapple (just wrong on so many levels IMO)

I know what you mean about bad pizza. There's just so much bad pizza here in Florida it's ridiculous. I grew up in NY too so I am a pizza (and bagel) snob too. I'm at the point that if my choice is bad pizza or nothing, I'll pick nothing. I'll just eat something else. 

Totally get the bagel thing too.  I'd go without both also!

I lived in Florida for a few years, and I completely empathize.  You'd think with as many Jewish people who move there someone would figure out how to make these properly.  Perhaps it is true, that NY water is better for pizza and bagels? 

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favourite               Spinach and eggplant with ricotta and feta!!!!!!     

Least Favourite           Pineapple and ham.   

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Favorite is cheese and pepperoni
Least favorite is anything with sausage.