Question Of The Day - Thursday 21 June

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

A super easy question for you this Thursday....

How tall are you ? :crazy:

I'm 5 foot 3 :)

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be 5 foot 4 & 1/2, but I've shrunk (this is normal with age - the spine compresses over time). I'm now 5 foot 2, and have to sit on a cushion to drive, in order to see far enough.

Margret

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've shrunk too, due to osteoporosis, which cause scoliosis. I used to be 5'3 and 3/4". Now I'm 5'2".

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
5'8" or 5'9"..... and I am considered short in my family. Seriously.

My mom ran youth sports and I was always middle or short there. My parents are 5'11" and 5'10", my brother is 6', my aunt is 6'2" and my uncle is 6'4". My grandmother's on both side were probably 5'7" ish when they passed away but I was a teenager and they had shrunk by then. My house and my relatives homes all have custom cabinets, tables and counters made for taller people so it wasn't noticable at home or we just tend to buy taller items. It wasn't until I started working at Disneyland and was one of the tallest females in a department of over 700 people that I realized I wasn't short.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of us are really tall except my mom. I am 5'9. My brothers and Dad are all over 6 foot.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
5'5". Not too tall, not too short. Just right. :thumbsup: Although as a kid I really wanted to be tall like my older cousin. But I think she's technically taller than her husband. So maybe its not all I thought it was. ;)
5'8" or 5'9"..... and I am considered short in my family. Seriously.

My mom ran youth sports and I was always middle or short there. My parents are 5'11" and 5'10", my brother is 6', my aunt is 6'2" and my uncle is 6'4". My grandmother's on both side were probably 5'7" ish when they passed away but I was a teenager and they had shrunk by then. My house and my relatives homes all have custom cabinets, tables and counters made for taller people so it wasn't noticable at home or we just tend to buy taller items. It wasn't until I started working at Disneyland and was one of the tallest females in a department of over 700 people that I realized I wasn't short.
I'm going to be the shortest in my house when my kids are done growing. We might need that custom cabinetry. DH has hit his head on the trunk of my car I don't know how many times. Meanwhile I just keep unloading the groceries without a care in the world (besides getting all 1500 bags in the house in 2 trips or less). My 2nd grader easily cooks at the stove without a step stool. That got me the other day. Shes growing TOO FAST! :bawling:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The last time I was measured I was 5' 9". That was quite awhile ago and I am 62 now so I have probably shrunk some.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am 5'2". I am a senior but haven't shrunk yet. I wish was,a little taller -it is a pain not to be able to reach above the bottom shelf

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 5'10". I have always been the tallest girl in nearly every situation, but there is one girl at work who is 6' and I was disappointed when I found out. ;) My dad is 5'11", my mom is 5'9", my sister is 5'8" and my brother broke the sequence and is 6'5".

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 5' 4" if I stand really straight and fluff my hair.

It seems like most of us are about the same height.

My husband teases me by saying I can sit on the curb and dangle my feet. He adds that I don't like to show my driver's license because it's a full-length photo. I tell him I bite what's at tooth height. He says that's OK because I don't have a stepladder and he's wearing boots. I'm really abused!