Question Of The Day Thursday 19 October

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

Anne asked a question yesterday about your "favorite cat coat color." Which leads me on to today's question.

What coat color/pattern do your current or past cats have ?

Here's my current kitties colors below

Purdy - calico
Maddie - blue tabby
Theo - blue tabby & white
Cairo - red
Marley - brown tabby
Zeus, Zia, Fleur & Minxy - All brown tabbies

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My current kittens are orange tabby, but Samai has red in her coat

In the past I've had
3-black/white
3-grey/white
1-solid grey
2-grey striped tabby
1-dilute calico
2-orange tabby (not the kittens)
1-smoke Mau (don't know what pattern that was)
When I was really young we had two applehead siamese
1-blue point
1-seal point

I know I'm forgetting some, but the kittens didn't let me sleep and I'm in a fog right now.

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maisie - white with grey spots
Zephyr - black and white tuxedo with asymmetrical markings
Bentley - all black
Cullen - brown tiger patches on white
Toad - all grey

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jasmine is a long-haired gray tabby.

Floppy, hmm. I'm not sure what the technical term is. I guess she was calico, because she had white, brown, and orange, but the pattern was kind of like a court jester. One side of her face brown, the other side orange. Her belly was white, and she was also a long-hair.

Pretzel had stripes and spots, and looked rather like an Ocicat. She was a short-hair.

Nimbus was a short-haired gray tabby.

Velvet was a long-haired black cat, with one spot of white on her chest. (Except when she ate the string a roast had been tied with and ended up with a perforated intestine. She was starving before the vet was able to find the problem, and her body began cannibalizing the melanin from her fur. For a while there she looked like she'd had a very modern dye job, with two-tone black and white hair. And, BTW, it took emergency surgery followed by some very intensive nursing on my part, but she pulled through just fine.)

Dulcie was a black and white short-hair. Not tuxedo, more like splotches of black on white. Her face was primarily white with a large black patch over each eye, producing a vertical white stripe. It was the pattern of her face coloration that caused me to name her after her mother.

Silky had the actual coloration of her mother (white, black, and tan), in splotches, but not the face pattern. She was a long-hair.

Sweet Thing (the mother of Nimbus, Dulcie, Velvet, and Silky, and my heart kitty) was a long hair, white, black, and tan, in splotches, with that same vertical white stripe on her face.

I don't remember Kittikins that well. She was a short-hair, and I think she must have been a gray or brown tabby, but I'm not at all certain of that. Mostly I remember finding her in my dresser drawer with what appeared to be several wet mice :blush: (I was very young), and I remember that one of the kittens obviously had a Manx father. I don't remember what we named the kittens, but I think the one with the Manx father was a gray tabby, and I know he was a tom.

I love calicoes, but I have never worried about the color of cats we adopted. There is so much more to a cat than fur, and that's what I concentrate on.

Margret

Last edited:

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sebastian was grey and white.
Cicero was black and white.
Murphy was a dark brown tabby.
Kippy was grey with some white.
Laelia is a tortoiseshell.
Buddy was an orange tabby.
Snickers is a brown/tan tabby with long fur so he looks like a Maine Coon.
Cinder is all black.
Toothless is black with random white hairs but looks brown in the sun.

I love grey cats, and cats with darker fur, especially tortoiseshells. I'm not fond of orange cats, but Buddy was more caramel than orange and such a sweetie I couldn't resist him.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie is an orange short haired tabby
Pumpkin was a long haired orange tabby

If I put my 'thinking' cap on, I remember my childhood kitty, BoBo, as a regular old tabby... nothing special.. but a special cat to me.. she allowed a little girl to dress her in doll clothes, a bonnet and was sweet enough to lay down in a doll baby buggy; with that entire wardrobe on... a sweet girl,... I miss her to this day..She was my first cat, and my first love-cat...

Bobo was during my early childhood, before my school years and not the second grade. It was a time, long ago, when we did not have a 'real' road. It was just a dirt road. Bobo was hiding in a hole, in the road. My neighbor did not see her, and ran her over... I guess he felt horrible.. I do remember my Mom Crying..

I was told she ran away. I remember my dad, my cousin, and me, going around a few streets, calling her name and looking for her.

I always wondered why she ran away. It was not until a few years before my dad died, that he told me the real story..
My mom never forgave my neighbor.. my dad did.. it was an accident.. I forgive him also...

Sorry for the maudlin story... The question just evoked images of Bobo.. Yes, I remember her.. I have a picture of her, somewhere, in her bonnet, jumping out from the baby buggy..

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leroy is a red Aby. Emma is a black and white tuxedo. My first cat was orange.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Current Cats:
Demi- male shorthair orange/white tabby- 3 years old
Maggie- female longhair black/white tuxedo- probably 3 years old too

Childhood Cats:
Kitter- female shorthair Calico or Tortie- disappeared after a few years
Mally (Marshmallow)- male shorthair black/white tuxedo- lived to be at least 10, then disappeared
Caramel- female shorthair Calico or Tortie- disappeared after a few years

Mally & Caramel had kittens:
Butterscotch- male shorthair orange/white tabby- got hit by a truck after a few years
Oreo- male shorthair black/white tuxedo- lived to be at least 10, then disappeared

Kitter had 4 beautiful kittens but we only had them a few months:
Tiger- male shorthair grey/white tiger cat- gave to my aunt
Playful- male shorthair all black- gave to a little boy
Princess- female longhair grey/white- disappeared
Jen- female longhair black/white tuxedo- disappeared

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Past:
- Black and White
- Solid Grey
- Grey Tabby (Marble)
- Tortieshell

Current:
- Grey Tabby (Mackerel)
- All White
- All White
- Orange Tabby (Marble)
- Brown/Cinnamon/Tabby/Torbie? with white markings.

I'm actually still not sure what Meadow is officially :headscratch: People around me give me different impressions too. She's the little stray I found and adopted (Who by the way is doing better and better daily)

She has dark brown, light brown, and some orange. Then the white:

Would love some input!

20170929_085631-1.jpg

20171001_150239.jpg

20170926_174204.jpg

She is gorgeous either way at least :)

Attachments

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my Mickey :rbheart: and Snick :rbheart: were both siamese mix, with the most beautiful blue eyes! :redheartpump:

our Dude is a tuxie, white and (looks like black but is really) a chocolate brown...:cloud9:

little Punky is a mackerel tabby, and is also polydactyl...:hearthrob:

and our petite DeeDee is black with just a very few very small areas of some white. she has a white spot on her chest and a 'bikini' on her lower tummy, and then she has a few white hairs in her 'underarms' :lol: -- she's simply gorgeous, a panther-ette! :redheartpump:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
cassiopea cassiopea Meadow is simply adorable! I'd say, too, that she's a tabby, and a very pretty little tabby at that!

Mollipop - mackerel tabby
Muffin - buff(?) tabby
Tabby - tabby
Ms. Pepe - a very snotty old crab :lol: Seriously, she's a tortie (with 'tude!)
Amber Louise - an orange tabby

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Honeybee is an odd mixture of colors=orange/grey and white-and very small spot of black. Some tiger stripes on her face and paws but no where else. The rest is splotchy grey marks mixed in with orange multi color fur. Some call her calico but not quite.

Pumpkin Face-calico

angels
Floey= maine coon tiger long hair-grey/blackish
Flash- dark chocolate tortie
Henriette long hair tiger/maine coon pattern
Krash= tabby with white face/belly/mits
as a kid
Penny=tortie
Onyx=black
Harley=tuxedo kitty
Madonna=long hair orange kitty
Tibby=white short hair with blue eyes
Muffet= tuxedo cat.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she's a brown classic tabby with white. I don't see any true red, just reddish brown. I can't really see her pattern but with the patches I can see I think it's classic tabby.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Poppy - Brown Tabby
Joel - Brown Tabby
Whisper - Gray Tabby
Wesley - Black
Lucy - Brown Tabby
Milo - Ginger Tabby
Daphne - Blue Cream Dilute Tortie
Polly - Torbie
Emma - Black
Sears - Black

Chula - Torbie
Paul - Black

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I think it would be quicker if I tell you which colour cat I've never had. I've never had an all white cat.

Other than that I've had pretty much every colour and coat pattern of long and short haired cats. My parents are cat people too, I grew up in a home full of shelter kitties and adopted strays.

:cloud9: