Question of the day - Thursday 18 June

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hey everyone :)

I nearly forgot today’s question, I just remembered in the nick of time :fear::paperbag:

What is your favorite and least favorite fruit ? :yummy:

Mine are -
favorite - Peach
least favorite - Pear

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Favorite: watermelon or kiwi
least favorite: pineapple or tomato (when they are being served as a fruit, I like them cooked just not really raw so much)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite: ooh, too many to choose from. Mangoes? A nice ripe fresh pineapple? A nice ripe fresh muskmelon? Mandarins? Idk.

Least favorite: durian, haha. Do I have to pick something more common in the US? I don't like the texture of store-bought pears, but fresh off the tree they're great. Fresh papaya maybe (it's ok dried). It tastes like barf.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy. This will be hard to narrow down for favorites... I'll just say watermelon (and also cherries, pineapple, nectarines, clementines...)

Least favorite: Blueberries (and also bananas and raspberries)

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Favourite fruit: way too many to list! I love fruit. Maybe watermelon or lychee if I had to choose (and even then I couldn’t choose).

Least favourite: maybe black currants because they’re just too tart to enjoy on their own (but go wonderfully in a pie or crumble) or Dragon Fruit. As impressive as they are to look at, the flavour is pretty watered-down. All style and no substance!

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor pears aren’t getting much love in this thread! 😆

I love them but they have to be just right. When I buy them at the store they’re rock solid and inedible, but you turn your back on them for 5 minutes and they’re mush. But when you get them right.... oh baby!
:lovecat3:🍐

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Asian Pears are amazing. They are better than the apples here (the pears are crisp whereas the apples are mealy, kind of the opposite)
1592558637233.png

Oh, I also really love persimmon!
1592558684636.png

dried or fresh, persimmon is a really excellent fall fruit.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Seems like you get all the same kinds of fruit we get in Japan Xraystyle Xraystyle We get pretty good apples though, Hokkaido is perfect apple growing country.

Favourite fruit: Red russet apples, conference pears and fresh persimmon if they are really hard and crispy.
Least favourite fruit: Purple grapes, but I quite like the green ones.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Seems like you get all the same kinds of fruit we get in Japan Xraystyle Xraystyle We get pretty good apples though, Hokkaido is perfect apple growing country.
Oh for sure! There was definitely a lot of variety sharing throughout the ages. Jeju Island is famous for their Hallabong oranges, so it is shocking to some Koreans I've talked to to learn that those actually originated from a Japanese variety! And I know what you mean about the apples. We get Fuji apples here, but they are usually part of those expensive gift sets rather than being readily available. One thing I"ve been jealous of is that Japan had a better supply of avocadoes, but the past few years I've noticed they are more readily available here. With global warming, I think Korea (or at least Jeju) might be able to grow them domestically soon. They began growing mangoes about 10 years ago, and now are starting to grow bananas and papayas!

Last edited: