Question of the day - Thursday 15 July

ObeseChess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My neighbors recently fostered three kittens named Ketchup, Mustard, and Relish. I think these were great names but they're admittedly unorthodox. I think the best names for cats are human names, such as Steve - that said, I did once meet a girl cat named Richard and that was a bit confusing.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sophie's shelter name was Midge. It doesn't suit her at all but I'm not surprised. She wasn't even there 2 weeks when they decided she was "unfriendly". I think the last time I heard that name was decades ago referring to Barbie's best friend.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband named our bridge boy Tik. He said it was just kit in reverse. His previous owner was calling him dipstick because of his tail. Patches was going to be Tac, cat reversed but he wouldn't have it. So that put a stop to my hubby having a Tik and Tac. My brother couldn't believe we had named our cat a bug. And agreed with Patches about his name.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
A friend of mine called his cat C-fur. (c for cat, with a feline twist). He (C-fur) rather liked it.

Oh, and 'John'. My friend named him after her Dad.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some people have told me that Mollipop is a strange name for a cat I think it's adorable.
I think it is too. DD was standing next to me one day while I was on the forum and she happened to see one of your posts mentioning Molli. She declared it the best cat name ever. I couldn't disagree. :happycat:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My soul kitty was named Morning Glory but we called her Beans because she was always jumpy. Like a jumping bean.

We’ve had a cat named Bunny.

My very first cat was Tinsel. Short for Christmas Tinsel.

My aunt had a cat named Trick. (His sibling was Treat.)

We’ve had some great names here over the years. Trout and Pixel are the first two that come to mind.