Question Of The Day - Thursday 12 April

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :hellocomputer:

A easy question for you today .....

Do you have a middle name ? If so, what is it & do you like it ? If not, would you have liked to have one ? :)

I do have a middle name. It is Louise & I've never been keen on it. :blush:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My middle name is Louise too; after my late grandmother. My mother originally wanted my middle name to be Rose since that was her first name, but as Rose is my cousin's middle name and we're quite a close knit family, she gave her middle name Louise to me instead.
I much prefer my middle name to my first name but I do hate how almost everyone else has Louise as their middle name too, lol.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Until I was married, I didn't have a middle name, and I hated it. Everyone else had one. To make it worse, it was difficult to fill out forms. Some were returned with a request for the middle name. If I wrote in "None," then it came back with "N." as the middle initial. Sometimes I put "none" in parentheses, but it made no difference.

So now my maiden name is my middle name. I kept my married name after my divorce for that very reason.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do have a middle name. My parents did run through all the nicknames, shortenings, initial combinations and how it sounds together when picking out my name. So it works, was thought through and I do like it. Very few people actually know it. I tend to only use it on official paperwork, I don't think its even on any credit cards. My first name is formal while my middle is more informal so it seems a little jarring to people when they learn it. Also, my family tends to go for longer more formal sounding names or really bizarre ones. We need to have a odd family name question of the day, I got some odd ones and some I am pretty sure no one has heard of.

My brothers middle name was actually misspelled on his birth certificate; my parents got a correction to it within 48 hours. He has a birth certificate and a correction certificate. However, somehow his social security and driver license still reflect the original instead of the corrected. I know someone who legally removed his middle name when he turned 18 and when he had kids he didn't give either of them middle names. Which I think was a mistake because both his daughters have very common first and last names so I can imagine they will have mixups as they get older plus what DreamerRose DreamerRose mentioned. I remember years ago I had a basketball team in a youth league with three Matthew Lopez's and one Matthew Long on it. I ended up making a Matt squad just to make it easier and called them Matt (middle initial).

hemlock91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
MICHELLE. It is the name of my mom's best friend at the time of my birth. They are no longer friends and haven't been for a decade. As soon as I marry my fiance, I am replacing my middle name with my maiden name.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I was named after a great uncle who was something of a sports figure at the local state university. I got his whole name with a "II" after it. I don't like the middle name at all, so I'm not going to repeat it here. ;)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's Mary after my maternal grandmother's sister. It's OK. I wouldn't change it. There's no reason to.

DreamerRose DreamerRose that reminds me of a guy I worked with years ago. We all had name tags on our cubicles and they all had our first name, last name and middle initial on them. The middle initial on his name tag was X. One day I asked him what it stood for. I had always assumed it was Xavier or something like that. He told me that it did not stand for anything. He did not have a middle name and the company refused to make him a name tag without a middle initial so they decided to make his X just to put something there. At first it annoyed him but then he decided it was funny.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have a middle name but it's never bothered me. As a kid I loved to play the "Bet you can't guess what my middle name is!" game with other kids. I had more problems with people reversing my first and last name. Now THAT was always annoying!!

DH on the other hand refused to name our son after him because it's a common male name. So both our kids got family names for middle names; but nothing too common for either name.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My middle name is also Ann. I am not sure where it came from though. No one uses my middle name anymore.

Lilacat >(^.^)<

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have a middle name, but as my real name is not for online communities, I'll not put it here. Yes I like it better than my real first name, but it is what it is.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My middle name is Marie and I never liked it. I was not named after anybody. I would have liked to have no middle name.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
No middle name here either but I made sure to give my children middle names.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I go by my middle name and always have. I hate my first name, which was my mom's name. When I was about 20, I started using my middle name, maiden name and last name. It worked perfectly and I was very happy. Fast forward to when I turned 65 and had to sign up for Medicare. With typical government inflexibility, I was forced to use my first, middle and married names. Now half my records are in each form. My first name is always mispronounced, adding insult to injury. It really makes me grumpy. I keep saying I'm going to get my name changed to the form I prefer, but then I will have to deal with Medicare and the government all over again. I'm not sure which is worse.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two middle names persay - Suzanne (After my Maternal Grandmother) and Kastahelmi, which translates into Morning Dew Pearl. Something my parents put together on their own accord!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, i have a middle name. it's a name that's related to/been in the family. i suppose i like my middle name well enough, i really don't think about it much. :dunno: