Question of the day - Thursday 11 Feb

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Does that taste the same as Vegemite? I like Vegemite, it's really salty though.
I think it is the same thing, just in the U.k. they called it Marmite and in Australia it is Vegemite. It is basically Brewer's yeast. However, i hear that Vegemite is quite a bit stronger than Marmite. I have only tried Marmite and it wasn't my cup of tea. 🙂

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is the same thing, just in the U.k. they called it Marmite and in Australia it is Vegemite. It is basically Brewer's yeast. However, i hear that Vegemite is quite a bit stronger than Marmite. I have only tried Marmite and it wasn't my cup of tea. 🙂
I googled Marmite. When they described the consistency as being like "used motor oil"? No, thank you.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I googled Marmite. When they described the consistency as being like "used motor oil"? No, thank you.
I tried it once when I was visiting overseas and I can't remember too much about it, just that I didn't care for it, but my Aunt just loves the stuff.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I made a sandwich for lunch and as I was putting the end piece back in after taking out a couple slices, I realized that my default way to refer to it is the end piece. So now I have an actual answer.