Question Of The Day / Thursday 11 April

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave2:

Can you remember how you discovered The Cat Site ? :cloud9:

I can’t remember exactly. But, at the time I was learning about cat genetics. So, at a guess I must have stumbled across the site while researching something to do with that.
I do remember how friendly & helpful everyone seemed, so I signed up :D

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Edited to correct...

I thought I came here when Link was missing. I came here when Link and Rocket were antsy because he was homebound for an abcess. That was the six months from heck: abcess, missing, broken leg, rebroken leg, crate confinement.... It was an absolute nightmare. I spent probably $5-6,000 on vet care during that time period through everything. Link is my baby boy but he really is not an easy cat.

Through everything the community was here for me and helped me. It's hard to find a really good community online and once I did, I didn't want to leave.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I was trying to figure out what "breed" my cat was because people kept commenting on her looks (I know I figured out domestic shorthair before I ever posted, but I did wonder).

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was also trying to find out if there was some other ancestry than domestic longhair for my cat Silas. I still think there is something, although I love all my cats that are "just" domestic long/short hair cats! (As someone who has fostered many, many cats and has cared for colonies, I have seen my fair share of cats. Silas just looks different.) He is nine months old and taller and longer than any of our other cats, and some of our cats are on the larger side. His tail is super long, fluffy, and often curls around his body.

Regardless, that is how I found my way here.

Edit: Based on how Silas was found and his condition, my vet and I are pretty certain that he and his sister were dumped by an unethical breeder. He had been burned, starved, and was covered in fleas and ringworm.

Last edited:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found this site by pure chance. Michele had given me this new tablet for our anniversary, and while figuring out how to use it, I googled the word 'cats' , and came up with several to choose from. I checked out this one, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was when I was getting the girls and looking for advice on how to introduce them to the dog. They ended up getting out of the room I set up for them within 2 hours of coming home and they introduced themselves to her. She sat there and grinned like a fool. They sniffed her, shrugged and went about checking out the rest of the house. They were all together from that point on.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was vet hopping with a chronically ill cat. I finally found a good vet and he got a number of good symptom free years before he went to the bridge in January of last year. That was Patches who is still in my signature. Alice is still here with me, an elderly lady with CKD but doing well with just the prescription food.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like just 5 minutes alone with this person. :angryfire::fuming:
Everyone in our house feels the same way. He was just 5-weeks old when he was found hiding under an outside store display. The burn was at least a week old and infected. The vet said that he would have died within hours had I not taken him. He has a sister who was found with him. The woman who found them took her and offered to take Silas.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I found this site when my cat was declining due to CKD but sadly she passed very quickly because of underlying cancer that was not found.

That was 7 years ago. This site helped me grieve and I just kind of stuck around:)

Now I have six cats and do rescue/ work at a shelter etc so there's even more reason to be here now than there was all those years ago.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were having a lot of problems with our boy, and my wife found this place. We signed up together, she posted a few times but now she just likes reading and hearing about what's going on. (I actually didn't want to ask anything or ask for help, but she told me to stop being a bone head :thumbsup:)
We got his problems under control and kind of forgot about the site. During a bad snow storm we were just messing around online and remembered this place and saw a post about a cat that was sick, dying, but still engaged in life and the decision on euthanasia or not....it just absolutely tore at our heart strings.
Then I just never left :p

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone in our house feels the same way. He was just 5-weeks old when he was found hiding under an outside store display. The burn was at least a week old and infected. The vet said that he would have died within hours had I not taken him. He has a sister who was found with him. The woman who found them took her and offered to take Silas.
Anyone who could purposely starve and burn a 4 week old kitten needs a romantic date with an electric chair.
Now seeing as that's one of the meanest things I've ever said on TCS I'll look like a contradictory doofus when I agree that this is a very supportive site. And I'm very much glad you're all here :wave3:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had three SPCA rescue cats already and had just taken in four elder cats after a friend died. I was overwhelmed with seven cats, four of them seniors and two of those ill, so I went online looking for advice and support. I sure found it here! :grouphug:
betsygee betsygee I've always liked your signature picture, Hannah and Zoe have such wildcat expressions, and Rico and Ozzy look so impish :)