Question of the Day: Thurs. Sept.9, 2010

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry folks, not overly creative today so.................

What is one of your pet peeves? You know, those little annoying habits some ppl have that just make you groan type of deal....Or maybe its a big one?

Let er rip, list those peeves, get em outta your system.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

What is one of your pet peeves? You know, those little annoying habits some ppl have that just make you groan type of deal....Or maybe its a big one?

Ohmigosh. I have so many. How much time do ya have?
I'll pick one.

People texting as they're walking on the busy sidewalks of NYC. (I may have mentioned this before). The next person who walks into me, or randomly wanders into my path is gonna get yelled at.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know I've got a bunch, but the one that just sprang to mind is when standing in line at the supermarket, when people in front wait until everything is rung up and bagged and THEN digging around through a purse for a check book or wallet! You know it's coming, you know you have to pay.... why not just be ready?

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm where do I start.
-Waiting for something but not having specific details, like when or where or a time. Like Im waiting to find out if today is the day Im getting my car yet dont know for sure have no time except whenever BF gets off work. Im doing nuts here people absolutely NUTS!

-Saying your going to be somewhere or do something but just not doing it.

-Toilet Paper or Paper Towels being put on the holders but the sheet falling behind the roll not going over top on the outside. Huge pet peeve, if I pee at someone elses house I will actually switch the roll the way I like it.

-I cant stand socks and underwear being in the same drawer, I have mine this way now but with only have 3 drawers and needing one for jammies and another for jeans I have no choice.

-Meat in spaghetti sauce...Ugh gross

-I cant stand people who have the attitude that they are better than anyone and everything and their poo just dont stink. Sorry but hate to burst the bubble but everyones poo stinks at one time or another.

-Vaccum cleaners that are bagless, for some reason I just think they look dirtier than bag ones. Its easier for me to wipe my sweeper down and blow it out and look clean than to tear apart a bagless and clean it.

-People wearing extremely strong and pungent cologne or perfume...Seriously if you smell that bad, take a better shower or something cuz its nauseating to walk behind someone smelling like a whole bottle of White Diamonds or Aqua D`Gio.

Ok Ill think Ill stop listing them now. Ive got a ton more...come to think of it this is probably why Im not to fond of people in person, there is too much stuff that just irritates me.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

People clipping their finger nails drives me nuts. And the woman in the cube next to me used to clip her toenails at work. For some reason the noise seemed much louder than it was actually I suppose but I would just sit there and wait for the next clip. Like waiting for the other shoe to drop.

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My "Peeve of the Week" is people who leave a huge gap between cars while in a fast food drive-thru. It screws everything up, spacing wise. The absurdity of it to me, is that here you are (and here I am), too lazy to make a meal and having it provided for you, and the only thing you have to do courtesy-wise (besides pay for it), is have this teensy bit of self-awareness. Cripes.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Leaving cabinets open (drives me crazy and the Beau does it all the time!!!)

- Leaving time on the microwave (dont even ask... I really dont know why)

- People that do not correctly use their turn signals. Either by leaving them blinking or not using one at all. Actually I got flipped off yesterday because I didnt let this chick merge because she didnt have her turn signal on so I had no clue she needed to merge over...

- Do not tell me how I feel. I had a lady I used to work with that told me on a daily basis that I hated her and she knew it when I didnt. She was not someone I liked but I did not hate her. But I went off on her for that one day.

ladyhitchhiker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've got a ton but here's a few:

People who say/think "oh it's JUST a cat"
People who assume that my reproductive organs are their business. "Are you pregnant?" "No." "Why not?" "Because I haven't figured out how to give birth to a litter of kittens."
People who assume that just because I'm a female I want to have babies (I can't anyways but they assume anyways), which goes hand in hand with previous statement
People who are mad at you and don't tell you why
Insensitivity
Lies
Infidelity
Backstabiness
Cliques and cliquish behavior
Lack of consideration

ladyhitchhiker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Those are definitely good ones.

I hate when I stop at a business and there's no toilet paper in the stall!!!!!!!!! I'm a customer and I have no tp to wipe my butt? Gross!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't like when calling someone I get a busy signal. I now do have a # I can dial at that time and I will get a special ring back when the person is done with their call.

Can't stand when TV commercials come on most channels at the same time, I usually surf when a commercial comes on and all I get is more commercials

I am always on time and don't like people being late.

Don't like out of state drivers who don't know how to drive on our highways, they really make me mad since they can cause accidents very easily.

That's all that comes right off the top of my head.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1) Irresponsible pet owners.
2) Loud, obnoxious people.
3) Waiting for someone. I HATE being kept waiting.

The list could go on and on really.

ladyhitchhiker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Inexplicable tardiness

People who pass me on the shoulder when there's more than enough room to pass me the other way

People who don't use their turn signals (Am I a mind reader?)

I'm all with irresponsible pet owners

But I can be the loud obnoxious person at times :eeps!:

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

People clipping their finger nails drives me nuts. And the woman in the cube next to me used to clip her toenails at work. For some reason the noise seemed much louder than it was actually I suppose but I would just sit there and wait for the next clip. Like waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Yes! I hate this! I used to work with a lady, I swear she clipped every day.

I wanted to scream at her "is there anything to clip? You never let them grow!"

In my last job there was a lady who changed her voice mail message every day. She said the same thing every time but still she had to change it and it would take her two or three attempts to get it right.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smoking cigarettes in public places or around children, I don't like to smell it or be around it.
People keeping dogs outdoors 24/7.
People not taking proper care of their pets.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Living in NYC there are so many, where do I begin
?
1) HATE it when people don't clean up after their dogs

2) HATE it when people dump garbage on the ground, out their car windows
, like the world is their giant garbage can...
I have walked up to cars after someone has thrown garbage out their window and thrown it back in, including food! They get so mad, but I feel better

3) HATE people who toss their nasty cigarette butts on the ground, in gardens, on the street, basically anywhere but the garbage. It's nasty and so inconsiderate! Like the world is their giant ashtray!
I have more but those are my top, daily
rants