Purraise
I have a ton of stuffed animals

My favorite is a leopard I got when I was 3
I named that one Leppy

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a huge collection growing up but most were sold in yard sales when I sold my parent's house. I did keep a few that meant a lot to me like the Christmas bear from 1987 when I graduated from High School (K-mart special, I think), Christmas bear from 1992 when I graduated from college (also K-mart), and a few others.

BUT, the one I insisted on keeping was Sabre Two, my little thread bare, ugly looking dog that I had since I was a baby. Our family dog growing up was a German Shepard named Sabre, so my stuffed dog became Sabre Two. There are pictures of me and him in my crib and carried that poor dog everywhere, to the market with Mom, to the doctor's office (I remember the doctor giving him a booster shot before he gave me one...lol), even to Church and he would put the offering in the basket with his own little paws, with my help of course. He was my best friend and confidant.

He's now very droopy, but he still has the last shirt my mom sewed on him to keep his stuffing in. I even took him to Guam when I moved there. Right now, he's sitting (drooping) on my bookshelf on my wedding album and yearbooks. I wouldn't part with him for anything in the world If I could help it.

Originally Posted by Winchester

When I was born, way back in 1955 (I'm an oldie, but goodie), my grandmother gave me a white stuffed bunny. I put that poor bunny through the wringer, but still managed to keep her for years. Even after I got married, my bunny was on my pillow on our bed every day.

When Hurricane Agnes hit, in 1972, I lost my bunny; we couldn't salvage the poor thing. Out of all the things that we lost that time, the loss of my bunny hurt me the most. The most cherished losses are not money or "things". The worst losses are those that cannot ever be replaced. My grandmother gave me that bunny and I loved her very much.

I've had other stuffed animals and such throughout the years. But I really loved my bunny.
That just brings tears to my eyes. You're absolutely right. Your bunny can never be replaced.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a bunch of stuffed animals. I used to have a whole lot more, but when we moved into this house I edited my collection down to the ones that are really meaningful to me.

My oldest one is also my favorite. It's a multicolored crocheted turtle that my mother made me when I was about 7 years old. At one time there was a matching blanket that came with it, but that's long ago worn out. My brother and sister each had similar sets in different colors. My mom made them for us for Christmas that year because my dad had lost his job and the family didn't have much money for gifts. It's actually kind of ugly, but I'm 43 years old and I still love that turtle.