Question of the Day: Thurs. Oct. 1

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I LOVE Halloween! Ive been known to take others kids out (none of my own - and hope to keep it that way!)

I LOVE giving out candy, but now I live in an adult only highrise, and only get the one neighbours neice coming by - but she'll get some good stuff you can count on it

Cant wait until Im in a house again where I can decorate, dress up, and hand out good candies

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we celebrate the "dia de Muertos"......
I've thought many times of traveling to Mexico to see how the Day of the Dead is celebrated, but wonder if it would be disrespectful. I wouldn't want a tourist watching over me while I celebrated my ancestors.

Anyway, Halloween is our favorite holiday! I usually do the house and yard up big time; a few years ago I even made a full size plywood coffin for my skeleton. I'm getting older, tho, and it's a chore to do everything I want to. We don't get very many kids at our door, even tho' we're surrounded by them. Our local Mall does a 'trick-or-treat' on Halloween night, plus the street we live on ends at (believe it or not) a cemetery. There are only a couple of houses to go to after the kids hit ours, so a lot of them don't even bother.

I love answering the door for little kids; sometimes they won't even come onto the porch because they're scared of the decor.