Question of the Day: Thurs. May 6 2010

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mothers day is rapidly approaching, so......

Do you do anything on Mothers Day? Take your mom out? Get taken out?

and an early Happy Mothers day to all the mom's out there.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mother's day also happens around my mom's birthday day, sometimes right on that day. All of her kids get together and hang out. Sometimes cook, sometimes go out, and bring gifts, it is a great time, there are times I have had to travel out of state to make this event.
I am very lucky as my mom is one of the greatest people on the planet

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have already had mothers day here, my mam doesnt like a fuss, I got her a card some fluffy socks and made the dinner for her

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom isn't with us anymore.'

I will sometimes do something she liked to do in honor of her though. I go out on the yard swing that used to belong to her everyday and have my coffee and think about her. Have imaginary conversations and do some remembering.

My kids will sometimes drop by with a plant or something. They treat me pretty well all the time, so it's not a big deal. Although, we are going to my daughters house this year for dinner.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This yeah we are going for brunch with both of our moms and my stepdads mom and DH's grandma, so it should be fun!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I are taking his mom to a local nursery to look at flowers. We'll buy her a nice hanging basket of her choice. Then we're heading out to a local winery; she's wanted to go there for awhile now and this is a good time to take her. After the winery tour, we're taking her out for dinner. I am so very lucky because his mom is truly a wonderful person.

My mother uses a walker and can't get around very well anymore. We'll take a card to her. She doesn't like to receive flowers and won't come to our house for dinner or anything as it's hard for her to drive now. I would make dinner and take it to her, but she and my father have gotten difficult to cook for, too. She will appreciate a card, but that's about it.

buttercup29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Apparently my children and their dad are putting something together for me on Sunday. My mothers birthday is the next day and so I am going to go to her place and take her to lunch. We will see DHs mother on Saturday. I make my own cards so will make something special.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom's in Minnesota, and I'm here in NYC, so can't get together.
But I always send a card and will call her, even though we talk every Saturday. She's 93 and still in her house, and goes for walks 5 times a week, and does yoga for 20 minutes every morning. She's amazing and I always let her know it.

My brother and his family live about 10 minutes drive from her, so they always do something.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We usually have a great church service honoring all the mothers. Then our son usually takes us out for lunch afterwards. My daughter lives three hours away so I don't see her. As for hubby's mother and my mother, they both have gone on to be with Jesus. But we will be thinking of them.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Usually go to visit at my mom at home & sometimes we get her for dinner out...

O course we made the same with my Mother in law...

Happy Mothers day!..

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we usually took Mom out to lunch, but since she's in a Nursing Home now, we'll probably take flowers to her and maybe some of her beloved Strawberry Ice Cream.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We'll visit both of our Moms, taking each of them a beautiful hanging basket of new guinea impatiens. DH will take me out for lunch, have no idea what DD will do. Since she's really short on cash at the moment, I may just get a hug this year.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom's birthday is Monday. I always get her a couple of flats of annuals for Mother's Day, and help her plant them a couple of weeks later (have to wait until there's no more chance of frost.) I'm on call Mother's Day weekend this year, so we'll probably go out to dinner on her birthday, Monday.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't going to respond to this QOD because my mom died in 2006. But I still honor her. I always write a letter to her on mother's day. Just my thoughts and memories of our good times together. It's good for my soul. It keeps me from being a basket case all day. Work is hard on that day because all I see are families celebrating it with their mothers.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We sent both of our moms 100 blooms from ProFlowers that they received today (to flaunt at work til the weekend
). I also sent my mom a card today. She lives in NC, hubby's mom lives next door. We don't really go out to eat or anything often for holidays like that.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both our Mums are gone, so not much happens really deliberately, but the day never goes totally unobserved. MIL's birthday was close enough to sometimes fall on Mother's Day, so that provides a further Mum focus. Sometimes the kitties remember to get Daddy to buy a card for them to give me.