Question of the Day: Thurs. May 20

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi folks....

Todays question is a simple one...

Birthdays.... Have you had a bday that you were NOT looking forward to? A certain age that you dreaded? A "stressful" number?

How bout one that was GREAT? One that you were very excited for.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seemed to have no problem with the "milestone" birthdays. 30 didn't faze me, either did 40. 50 was sort of fun....I spent the year going to every James Taylor concert I could.
Then 60 became this big party with my "posse" as I call them....7 friends that I hang out with and they paid for all of us to go up to an inn in Vermont for a long weekend. It was a blast!

I find ages are just numbers.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I'm only 32, so I'm just getting started
I'm loving my 30s so far, Old enough to know better, still young enough not to care

I've never been super-excited for my birthday, not even my 21st because I've never been a big drinker. I did have kind of freak out right after my 27th birthday, told my ex to move out, figured that I was too young to be that miserable

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I really dreaded turning 50. My husband and son wanted to throw a large birthday party for me, but I wouldn't let them. I wanted to stay in bed and forget that it ever happened.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really care either way - it's just a number I put down on forms. If people want to go do something I'll go along with it because to refuse would hurt feelings - you don't refuse grandparents, for example.

Originally Posted by Winchester

I really dreaded turning 50. My husband and son wanted to throw a large birthday party for me, but I wouldn't let them. I wanted to stay in bed and forget that it ever happened.
Aw, it's just a number and that number really doesn't mean anything - you're not a number.
However those loved ones are actually something, if they want to celebrate or do something really special for you, you need to go enjoy it. You may never get a second chance.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turning 60 was a little scary, it's at that age when a lot of health problems can start acting up. Now at 65 I'm over it and yes I do have the dreaded health problems but nothing that can't be fixed.

One thing is I may be 65 but don't look anywhere near it, I guess that's why I am dating a handsome younger Aussie. This age thing runs in my family, I have an 81 year old sister and she looks fantastic and we both have nice complexions so we're blessed with some of the family genes. I think turning 70 might be a downer tho, OMG

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when my mom worked delivering papers for a few years I would go to work with her on bdays and wed go out for breakfast at mcdonalds. I was mid teens. I loved it. Tired as she was she drove out of way then back home again then would crash. Most of my birthdays are nothing special-no big party a cake is made and thats about it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was extremely bothered by my 30th. It signified a lot of disappointments for me ( things I had thought, goals, etc.).... but I got over it rather quickly....

I'll hit 33 in a week....nothing exciting.

Haven't done a "party" since I was ummmm in my teens.

It is just another day to me.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In a way yes, but we resolved this by having fun and counting backwards. Hubby and I are 5 yrs apart but our birthdays are only 3 days apart! And because it seems we are the same age in a lot of ways and the fact that people really don't believe us when we say our real ages - we just starting having fun.

Most think we are about 10 yrs younger then we are. This past year (February) we turned 30; the same age as our oldest son (will be 30 end of May)!

I figured we'd stop there, but hubby says no; "we will hold at 29"

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had no issues with turning 40 like many of my friends did. I was not looking towards it with dread at all. That all changed when father died two months before my 40th and it made my birthday hard. The thought of hitting this milestone and not having my father with me was devastating.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Havent had one that I 'dreaded' yet, though I don't think I'm looking forward to 30

My best was my 21st birthday. I had gotten married 12 days earlier, and we postponed the cruise until I turned 21 (drinking age was 21 even in the ocean), so on my birthday I was on my honeymoon and the ship was ported in Nassau, Bahamas that day
its gonna be really hard to top that one!!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was excited for my 21st but it scared me because it got me nearer the time in my life when I need to have a career, and given how I'm not anywhere near that it bummed me...Also because I became an adult and realized that's how the world sees me now, that scared me too.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Nothing to be excited about or dread here. I turned 20 this year and I just sat at home all day. *shrugs* It was all good
Is nice to see you again here!...
!....

Well, It think the time makes change mind to someone...

Just a bit of expectation!