Question of the Day: Thurs. Dec.23 2010

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow, I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas eve already. I really hope I'm done everything

Do you have any new years plans? Is there something you do every year?

Be safe, and please don't drink and drive if you do have holiday plans.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't do New Years much anymore.

Its seldom that we are actually up at midnight
but if we are, we just say Happy New Years and thats it.

I don't drink much anymore, and just don't enjoy the "party" scene.

IF I were to do something, it would have to be within walking distance as I don't like driving on new years eve, even if I'm sober. There's still way too many drunk drivers on our roads, and that I worry about.

A "cousin" ended up in jail because he killed someone while drinking and driving, this was many years ago, 20+ but I know how much it haunts him, and can imagine the family of the victim. I remember many a time as a child, having no choice but to be in the backseat of a drunk driver and it scared me.

I do have a firm foot against drinking and driving, and try to avoid the roads on those occassions that it is more prevalent.

So no new years plans for me.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A friend of our's just bought a new house and is having a New Year's hot tub party. He's way on the other side of the city though and I'm not sure if we'll be up for it. We're still deciding. We might just have a quiet night in, who knows.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has one so quick, we've still got all the food shopping to do
Well on New Yeas Eve dh's friend usually comes to stay over and we have a mini party and then New Years day he cooks us a fabolous meal but this year he has had alot of problems so he is just coming for New Years day dinner. So I have invited my friend Kim and her boyfriend Matt and her daughter which will make a change and be very nice, will just do a small buffet and have a bit to drink
x

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New Year's Eve and New Years Day are my least favorite Holidays, so no, we don't really do anything. Oh, we'll watch the Ball drop and have a glass of champagne, but that's all the "celebrating" we do.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

HA!! I have to work both New Year's eve and New Year's day. I guess you could call those "plans".

Those are my exact plans! We must have the same entertainment coordinator

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I'm working through the day and I won't be doing anything on the night time I can't be bothered with it

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New years' plans will probably be to sit on the couch, watch the ball drop, and go to bed

Last year Rob's cousin was here, so me, her, and BIL were drinking in the hot tub (wanna get plastered fast? There ya go
), ran out to watch the ball drop, and hubby carried me home. I was SO not feeling it the next day. And SO not doing it again! I prefer our quiet NYEs!

We may or may not hang out outside with a bonfire though, we've got a bit of wood leftover to burn and Rob isn't feeling anymore big cookouts after the last one (where a bunch of friends said they'd come, then just never showed).

tigganat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm probably going to watch the fireworks with my family.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe Christmas Eve is tomorrow either!!! I have to work again for New Years
I work night shift so I don't get to celebrate at all.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every year I usually stay home and watch the ball count down to the new year. This year however will be quite different.

We made reservations with 3 other couples to go to a New Year's Eve party at a Sheraton hotel. It includes the meal, party favors, open bar and a room to spend the night and breakfast New Year's morning. I'm really looking forward to this since I haven't been out in years.

I bought a very nice outfit to wear so I'm ready. If the weather is bad, we will get dressed at the hotel room before going down to the party. It should be a blast

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

I can't believe Christmas Eve is tomorrow either!!! I have to work again for New Years
I work night shift so I don't get to celebrate at all.
Your Enzo looks so much like my RB kitty Misty. Every time I see him I immediately think of my lost girl, he is so beautiful.