Question of the day: Thurs. Dec. 2

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we woke to a light frosting of snow this morning, finally. I'm hoping for a white Christmas.

Since I'm slightly festive this morning, do you decorate the OUTSIDE of your house for CHristmas?

Got any pics to share of lights?

How about your indoor tree, real or fake?

Would love to see some pics of any decorations

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I don't decorate the outside of my house. I don't have any decorations yet (have only lived here a month) but I am planning on buying some after Christmas when they go on sale.

My tree is fake and partially chewed. My dog chewed it last year when he was a puppy and some of the lights don't work anymore. I would like to get a better one this year, but there is no point since I just got another puppy.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not decorate the outside of my house for Xmas. It's kind of boring, and I'd love to put a strand of lights around my porch or something this year. Since there's only 5 houses on our dead end street, we dont bother. You can see my mom's house from space though

Indoor tree is fake. Just bought a 7.5 ft faux Wesley pine from Home Depot before Thanksgiving, pre-lit with 700 lights. I posted a pic of it in the Xmas tree thread, at work right now so I cant repost it at the moment

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

I do not decorate the outside of my house for Xmas. It's kind of boring, and I'd love to put a strand of lights around my porch or something this year. Since there's only 5 houses on our dead end street, we dont bother. You can see my mom's house from space though

Indoor tree is fake. Just bought a 7.5 ft faux Wesley pine from Home Depot before Thanksgiving, pre-lit with 700 lights. I posted a pic of it in the Xmas tree thread, at work right now so I cant repost it at the moment
Oh, I didn't see we had a tree thread, I will look for that...Thanks

Originally Posted by Kailie

I don't decorate outside OR inside.
Usually we don't spend Christmas at home... This will be the first year...
Ah Kailie
this year you will have some deco inside
CHRISTMAS CARDS from ppl who care about you

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fake indoor tree, hasn't been put up in the past 2 years because Jake would destroy it

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
DH decorates the outside of our house with colored icicle lights along the roof line and lights in the bushes and shrubs in the front yard. He does a beautiful job. He used to go out all with outdoor lights at Christmas, but it's harder for him to go up and down that ladder now. And I'm happy with whatever he wants to do.

Normally we have three Christmas trees, all artificial, all right around 7 to 7-1/2 feet tall. The Tacky White Tree in the kitchen is done in just blue balls and blue and white lights...DH calls it a Penn State tree, although he's not really fond of the Tacky White Tree at all. I use a blue bedsheet for the tree skirt; we don't use the sheet on the bed anymore, but I kept it for the tree. (We weren't going to put the tacky white tree up this year, but DH did put it up on Tuesday night....it's not decorated yet because I'm looking for nonbreakable blue balls.)

We have a traditional tree in the living room and that usually has the decorations that we've collected in the almost 40 years we've been married. It also has bubble lights, bell lights, and flicker-type lights, in addition to the regular lights; we're in the process of switching over to LED lights as much as we can. Our living room tree has a pretty tree skirt with bows that the cats love to untie every chance they get.

We put our Santa tree in our bedroom. It has all red lights and our Santa and reindeer ornaments. That tree has a red plaid tree skirt (that's an old bed sheet, too), and it really looks pretty under the tree. Amber loves to nap in the back of that tree (so did Pumpkin) and we constantly have to re-arrange those back branches. She's not a heavy cat, but after awhile, her weight does a number on the branches.

We don't put tinsel on the tree anymore. We used to, but after we pulled a few strands of tinsel out of Hydrox's butt, we realized it was too dangerous. I really miss the tinsel, but I'd miss the cats more! We did start tucking pretty ribbon into the living room and the Santa trees in place of the tinsel.

We'll decorate the living room, probably this weekend. It always looks very festive and pretty. But I like taking it back down, too!

I'll post some pictures after we get everything done.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't decorate outside but only because we don't have outside plugs and we can't run an extension cord into the house cuz the door won't shut properly.

I do put up a fake tree but its only decorated with garland because the tree is more for the cats than us. As of right now it looks like evil monster tree aliens have taken over because gig bacon ramsie and now hercules alllllll play on under or in the tree. Even franklin joins in the fun under the tree. Gig stole my front door mat and scooted it under the tree for her to sleep on.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, we may put a wreath on our screen door, but that's all the outside decorating we do. Actually since my sister is having back surgery we're not going to do much decorating at all.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No decorating in or out. Outside would get stolen anyway

Tree would be to much hassle and growing up we only had live tree so would feel strange with a fake one, would be hidden in husbands game room anyway.

House block away is already lit and looks amazing, should tho they never took lights down from last year...ALOT of lights

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We always decorate for X-mas the Friday after Thanksgiving.

We go & get a real tree (the Mrs. wants to get a fake tree to eliminate the pine needle mess, but I like real ones) & decorate the tree. This year my mother helped me out with the tree decorations while the Mrs. put out all of her holiday decorations through out the rest of the house.

We then moved outside where we added some lights & a few other decorations.

I love Christmas, IDK it sort of reminds me of when I was a little boy.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't decorate inside or out. I could always string up some spare ribbon if I wished but I'm not sure it's worth the bother.
We go over to the in-laws and my dad's for Christmas (three different houses) anyways.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decorate the outside a little bit with lights on the gutters and around the front yard, we do a big display at my mums house that grows each year as we add new lights.

Inside I just do a xmas tree, plastic. The cats thoroughly enjoy destroying it from the time it goes up until we pack it away, they have a great time and it's fun watching them having a ball.