Question of the Day, Sunday the 7th of February, 2021

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first date with DH was nice. He was my one and only actual boyfriend. At the time he was a mutual friend's roommate. I spent a lot of weeks flirting with him trying to get his attention. Finally this one girl sat us down embarassed the heck out of us both because we obviously liked each other. DH was so red he was purple. But he asked me out once she left us alone! We went to Olive Garden and somehow got sat at a table for 2 next to a table with about 10 of his coworkers!! And it turned out I knew one of them too. But there was no epic blushing there. They left us alone. :lol: The rest is history. But a few months later I asked DH how long it would have taken him to ask me out if that girl hadn't done that. He said a year. :flail:We got engaged in less than a year so I'm grateful she sped things up for me. :flail:

My first date was in high school and probably shouldn't qualify as a date. My friend set me up with her uncle... Who was only a couple years older than us and in the Navy. He drove like an imbecile and my friend and her twin were in the back seat. We went to the camp their family attended every summer because my friend wanted to see the guy she was interested in. I spent more time talking with and walking around with my friend. Eventually her twin became one of DH's good friends and a roommate before we got married. We are still friends with him and his DD and mine are friends. I haven't seen the uncle since and I haven't seen the friend in years.
Well, I almost didn't ask Michele because I was scared spitless she would say no or, worse, just laugh at me.