Question of the Day, Sunday, the 25th of April, 2021

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, this is tough! I like a lot of board games! Twenty years ago (?!?!?!) I was the Disney trivia board game champ. I enjoy a good game of Scrabble, or Clue, or Yahtzee, or Trivial Pursuit. or even Candyland. I don't know if I can pick!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if I can pick!
:yeah:
I love board games...and we still play them to this day. Tiddlywinks, Scrabble, Trivial pursuit, Chinese Checkers, Monopoly, Life, Clue, Jarnac, Parchesie, Connect Four...Oh my...and so many others. My closet if FULL! A friend of mine even found a game at a yard sale once and thought of me. It's called "The Crazy Cat Lady" game!!! You go around the board and try to collect as many cats as you can. The winner is decided not by who finishes first but who has the most cats once everyone is done.
I also play some online games, like Candy Crush...and other similar games, hidden object games, mine sweeper, solitaire, etc...again, not really a favorite...it depends on my mood and who I'm playing with.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah:
I love board games...and we still play them to this day. Tiddlywinks, Scrabble, Trivial pursuit, Chinese Checkers, Monopoly, Life, Clue, Jarnac, Parchesie, Connect Four...Oh my...and so many others. My closet if FULL! A friend of mine even found a game at a yard sale once and thought of me. It's called "The Crazy Cat Lady" game!!! You go around the board and try to collect as many cats as you can. The winner is decided not by who finishes first but who has the most cats once everyone is done.
I also play some online games, like Candy Crush...and other similar games, hidden object games, mine sweeper, solitaire, etc...again, not really a favorite...it depends on my mood and who I'm playing with.
I forgot about Parcheesi!!!! and my all time fave Backgammon, we even had a backgammon table.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to enjoy Scrabble (until I moved to Germany when my spontaneous English language vocabulary started to become confused with German). I liked Clue (and the German version Cluedo) but was never a fan of Monopoly, regardless of the place or language. My teachers tried to get me interested in learning to play chess, but they were expecting me to be good at it, which was for me the biggest turn-off they could have found. Had they said chess was fun or challenging, I would probably have been interested but it sounded too much like a very serious, intellectually-complicated task. :headscratch:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do love Life.
My favorite board game is Clue. The last time I played, it was the Harry Potter version with my grandson. It was fun. There were twists and turns in it that were new.
Yes, Harry Potter clue has a lot of fun twists. And I do love clue (both that and the original). I’m up for any board game though.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I regularly play board games. We also host a family game night. (Now that we are all on our way to being fully vaccinated, we will be able to resume soon!)

He and I like War of the Ring the best, but Star Wars: Rebellion is a contender for second favorite. We get pretty serious about them without becoming more than lightheartedly competitive.

We also play chess and Go, but for something lighter we play Fox in the Forest and Villagers and Villains. With our family, we play Gloom, Secret Hitler, and The Betrayal at the House on the Hill. We might be getting Salem 1692 or Donner Dinner Party. My husband plays Warhammer.

This was a recent conversation between my husband and me. (The ".." is another way we tell each other "I love you.") I always blow up Kashyyyk first, even if it ends up costing me the game. He is always sending Chewbacca to sabotage my stuff. I have to teach him a lesson with my fully operational Death Star! Hahahaha!

Screenshot_2021-04-18-18-41-31.jpg Screenshot_2021-04-18-18-43-01.jpg Screenshot_2021-04-18-18-43-10.jpg

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I regularly play board games. We also host a family game night. (Now that we are all on our way to being fully vaccinated, we will be able to resume soon!)

He and I like War of the Ring the best, but Star Wars: Rebellion is a contender for second favorite. We get pretty serious about them without becoming more than lightheartedly competitive.

We also play chess and Go, but for something lighter we play Fox in the Forest and Villagers and Villains. With our family, we play Gloom, Secret Hitler, and The Betrayal at the House on the Hill. We might be getting Salem 1692 or Donner Dinner Party. My husband plays Warhammer.

This was a recent conversation between my husband and me. (The ".." is another way we tell each other "I love you.") I always blow up Kashyyyk first, even if it ends up costing me the game. He is always sending Chewbacca to sabotage my stuff. I have to teach him a lesson with my fully operational Death Star! Hahahaha!

View attachment 377772View attachment 377771View attachment 377770
fun times nothing better than gaming with a significant other i used to game alot on xbox with the gf before my stroke

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't played any board games for years but used to enjoy Scrabble
Same here. I have a Scrabble game that I haven't taken out of the box in years. I don't play games online, except for a game of Solitaire now and then, if I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. :oops: