Question of the Day, Sunday the 15th of November, 2020

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Sunday!!

Describe a hair disaster you've had; bad cut, color, perm.. This has been asked before but we have new members.

Once I thought it was a great idea to go totally platinum blonde. My hair was cut in a chin length bob. It turned out an unfortunate shade of yellow. I can remember walking in the door and my cat, Lena, staring at me, not in a good way. I had to let it grow out, then went back to blonde with highlights which was what I had before I made that awful choice.

What about you?
well i died my hair blue once which was fun but it came out looking dark black instead lol

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't require much. I usually have my hair done in long layers with side bangs, usually cut to just above my shoulders. Easy to maintain and keep looking halfway decent.

One time, I told the person I wanted side bangs (it was a Great Clips...should have known better) and she parted my hair and CUT ONE OF THE PARTS STRIGHT ACROSS. The hair has to be tapered/blended down. It was awful, lie the worst front bangs in the world. Fortunately, my hair grows quickly, but still. And no, I've never been back to a Great Clips.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few. I always wished I had red hair, so in high school, I started dyeing my hair red. Unfortunately, some of the colors were very bright. My sister and my friends would always tease me saying I looked like a clown and refer to my car as a clown car. I also one time cut my bangs wet, not realizing they'd be shorter when they dried, so they looked awful. I wore my bangs gelled back until they grew out. That too was a terrible idea.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mostly what I remember is this one salon my Mom always insisted we go to get my hair cut,and the guy used a razor blade to cut it.Hurt like the dickens and I never liked how it looked.And then there was the perm she used....left my hair burned and frizzy.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time I got side bangs, except since I didn't style them, they turned into normal bangs that were too long and always fell into my eyes. Plus I have a super round face so bangs are NOT a good look on me.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh geez, I had beautiful long blonde hair when I was a kid. Well one day I decided I wanted to cut it. :doh: I found a pair of scissors and went behind my doll house and chopped it all off. My mother was livid and took me straight to the hairdressers to fix what could be fixed. Fun times. :lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My oldest was little and grabbed my razor out of the shower and proceeded to shave a landing strip right down the middle of his head. It was late at night so no way to take him to the barber so he had to go to school like that the next day. He told everyone that the barber messed up his hair. :lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This didn't happen to me, except indirectly. Michele always, from the time we started going together, had long hair, worn either in a pony tail or braids. At one point, her hair reached below her waist. One day, when I got home from work, the long hair was gone, replaced with something akin to a boy cut, only slightly longer. To me, it was a disaster, to say nothing of a shock, as she had made no mention of her plans. She said that even her stylist tried to talk her out of it, but no dice.
By the way, this is her hair a few years before she had it cut, and yes, this was her natural color.
IMG_0844.JPG

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had a haircut since February, so it's kind of a disaster right now (covid hair).

In the 80s, I used to get perms where you had to use a pick to comb your hair. I look at pictures and say what was I thinking.
I still get perms and use a pick to comb out my hair. My hair is so thin I can't do anything else with it. Due to illness and Covid I have not been able to get a perm since last December.