Question of the Day, Sunday, September 18, 2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The electric guitar section of musical instruments shops

The history section of the bookstore

The persian miniature section of persian carpet shops (if they have persian miniatures).

Orthodox icons wherever they are!
ahhh, book stores! 
  i enjoy reading history too!

and, i must compliment you on your particular and...(what i'm interpreting as) eclectic tastes! i'm saying this as someone who has eclectic tastes. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Ollie's. I love to browse through their food department and then the health/beauty section. Then I am on to the kitchen stuff, followed by all housewares. l just love that store.
i've been to Ollie's once! it's an interesting store, all sorts of different items in there! 

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

ahhh, book stores! 
  i enjoy reading history too!

and, i must compliment you on your particular and...(what i'm interpreting as) eclectic tastes! i'm saying this as someone who has eclectic tastes. 
Thank you very much

My older brother used to play electric bass, and I guess that made me love electric guitars. My parants adore fine arts (I grew up with tons of art books in the house), so that's why I like Persian Miniatures and Orthodox Icons (and ancient Greek, Roman, Spanish Mudejar, Romanesque, Gothic, Reinassance and Impressionist arts, etc. etc. etc.). And dad is a bookworm. So am I

May I ask you, if it's ok with you, about your eclectic tastes?

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you very much

My older brother used to play electric bass, and I guess that made me love electric guitars. My parants adore fine arts (I grew up with tons of art books in the house), so that's why I like Persian Miniatures and Orthodox Icons (and ancient Greek, Roman, Spanish Mudejar, Romanesque, Gothic, Reinassance and Impressionist arts, etc. etc. etc.). And dad is a bookworm. So am I

May I ask you, if it's ok with you, about your eclectic tastes?
sure, it's okay! 

i'd say the area in which i have the most eclectic taste is music. i like almost all genres of music, but have likes and dislikes of particular artists/songs within them. i like big band/swing, country, rock, rhythm & blues, bossa nova, classical, jazz -- it's many times about the particular artist or song more than the genre, as to what i like.

i also have a pretty wide range of activities i enjoy. i love to cook and bake, and also enjoy working on projects using power tools. i enjoy physical exertion and stacking firewood, and also enjoy reading and researching things on the internet. i'm totally fascinated by computers and enjoy learning things about them, and also enjoy gardening and doing yard work. i love to learn, about pretty much anything, and there are also times that i simply want to sit and not think -- and watch the flames in the wood burning stove, or listen to the rain falling. i like looking at new and unusual/interesting things, but am also into old-style or traditional things.

i follow my own tastes, not necessarily what anyone else likes or dislikes...or what is popular or unpopular.

hmmm......maybe i'm not especially eclectic in my tastes, but like most people -- a jumble of different likes and dislikes...?

Last edited:

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

sure, it's okay! 

i'd say the area in which i have the most eclectic taste is music. i like almost all genres of music, but have likes and dislikes of particular artists/songs within them. i like big band/swing, country, rock, rhythm & blues, bossa nova, classical, jazz -- it's many times about the particular artist or song more than the genre, as to what i like.

i also have a pretty wide range of activities i enjoy. i love to cook and bake, and also enjoy working on projects using power tools. i enjoy physical exertion and stacking firewood, and also enjoy reading and researching things on the internet. i'm totally fascinated by computers and enjoy learning things about them, and also enjoy gardening and doing yard work. i love to learn, about pretty much anything, and there are also times that i simply want to sit and not think -- and watch the flames in the wood burning stove, or listen to the rain falling. i like looking at new and unusual/interesting things, but am also into old-style or traditional things.

i follow my own tastes, not necessarily what anyone else likes or dislikes...or what is popular or unpopular.

hmmm......maybe i'm not especially eclectic in my tastes, but like most people -- a jumble of different likes and dislikes...?
There is always more than meets the eye

I´m not a big fan of exercising
 but I love moutain walking.

I also have eclectic musical tastes: Schubert, Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel, Tha Grateful Dead, early Queen ('73-'75), just to name a few. The list would be too long and boring

And of course, researching on the Internet. is very entertaining.