Question of the Day, Sunday, September 18, 2016

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good afternoon! 

sometimes i'll have a little extra time to browse, while shopping. today i was thinking about my favorite sections of stores to browse.

so for today's Question of the Day......

What are some of your favorite sections of stores to browse through, when you've got a little extra time?

i'll start!

for grocery stores, my favorite areas to browse are the cheese section
, the bulk foods section
, and the crackers and cookies aisle
  in a department store (like walmart), i hit the pet supplies section
and/or the cookware section. i think my favorite stores are hardware stores -- i could browse in a hardware store for hours, and probably still not see everything.

how about you?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Grocery stores- I like to browse the imported foods section. I also like to check out the selections of dark chocolate. The high percentage, high quality ones.

I won't shop at Wal Mart unless I absolutely have to and even then I spend as little time in there as possible. That place is the seventh circle of hell. I tolerate Target better and check out the pet supplies and cosmetics/hair care stuff too

I rarely shop at big department stores like Macy's, etc but when I do, I look for sales in clothing, bags and shoes

I adore Bath & Body Works and could shop in there for hours. Their semi annual sales are EVERYTHING.

oldgloryrags88

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pet selection, anything at SAM's Club, and any feed store!! :jump: That emoji looks like its on some kind of drug. :lol3:

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In the Supermarket it would be the bakery and the floral department.  In a department store it would be the pet section, not for food which I get at the pet store because one of my kitties has IBD, for things like catnip, grass, or toys (which they may or may not be interested in).

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favourite shop to browse in closed down a while ago :bawling: It was a lovely little ethnic/ethical/fairtrade shop that had all kinds of goodies inside.

I like browsing in jewellery stores (usually to nick ideas for my own stuff ) and there's a little bead/jewellery supplies shop I could spend all day (and WAY too much money) in. Anywhere that has crafting supplies, actually, is heaven for me :9: There's an art gallery shop where I sell my jewellery that is always fascinating too - SO many lovely things :D

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can browse in the arts and craft sections for hours!  I sort of did that on Saturday in Walmart.  I needed some alone time and I have been looking for red and white chevron fabric so I had an excuse to go over there.  I came home with 6 pieces of fabric (including the red chevron), thread and a few styles of super cute buttons.  A few of the fabrics I have been admiring for a while; so now I just need to turn them into bags for DD and I and bathroom curtains!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I love browsing in supermarkets and will check out the cheese section, the organic/health food section and the baking section. When a new Price Chopper opened in New York one year, I went up to spend the weekend with a GF. First thing we did was hit the new grocery store and we spent hours there, just looking around at stuff. And when our new Giant opened the other year, we received a notice in the mail to come in the night before it opened to look around and peruse the aisles. And yep, Rick and I were both there! 
 We also received a survey to complete about what we liked and didn't like about the store, any items that we wanted, but didn't see (I like frozen artichokes over the canned variety and I mentioned that I didn't see them at the store. It was a few weeks later that I received an email about the frozen artichoke hearts being available. And I buy them all the time there!)

When I'm in a kitchen store, I'll check out cooking/baking utensils and small kitchen appliances. There's a Reading China and Glass at an outlet center and I can spend hours there, looking at bakeware and cookware. I usually walk out of the store poorer than when I went in.

At Target (I loathe WalMart, too, @Kat0121, and refuse to step foot inside one), it's usually hair care, fingernail polishes, and holiday-type kitchen stuff.In fact, when we go into Target to pick up a meds prescription, Rick has to wait for the prescription, while I wander around nail polishes. I hardly ever leave the store without a bottle of polish.

At Lowes, it's usually the paint section or the flooring section. 

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy going shopping for groceries. I especially like Wegmans because I love their prepared food section and always buy something hot to bring home or eat there. They have organic, vegetarian and all kinds of good food. I don't get to Wegmans too often but when I can get there I buy out the store. I mostly shop at Safeway and Shoppers Food Warehouse and Mom's. 

I also like to shop at Walmart and BJ's but not department stores. The only thing I buy at department stores is clothes and I hate shopping for clothes. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grocery stores- I like to browse the imported foods section. I also like to check out the selections of dark chocolate. The high percentage, high quality ones.

I won't shop at Wal Mart unless I absolutely have to and even then I spend as little time in there as possible. That place is the seventh circle of hell. I tolerate Target better and check out the pet supplies and cosmetics/hair care stuff too

I rarely shop at big department stores like Macy's, etc but when I do, I look for sales in clothing, bags and shoes

I adore Bath & Body Works and could shop in there for hours. Their semi annual sales are EVERYTHING.
ahhh, the imported foods section! very nice! 

i've actually started just ordering from walmart online, making sure my order meets their 'free shipping on orders of $50 or more'. everything then gets shipped to me, and no foray into 'the seventh circle of hell' for me. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pet selection, anything at SAM's Club, and any feed store!!
That emoji looks like its on some kind of drug.
very interesting choices! 
  is Countrymax a feed store? or is it more of a supplies store. other than Countrymax and Tractor Supply, i don't think i've ever been to a feed store. 

......it looks 'loopy' to me. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

In the Supermarket it would be the bakery and the floral department.  In a department store it would be the pet section, not for food which I get at the pet store because one of my kitties has IBD, for things like catnip, grass, or toys (which they may or may not be interested in).
mmmm......the bakery department! 
  does the supermarket you go to have a nice bakery department in it? the Wegman's i shop at has a lovely bakery in it. very nice breads, rolls, bagels, cookies, cakes there -- but a bit too pricey for me. 

oldgloryrags88

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
very interesting choices!  :bigthumb:   is Countrymax a feed store? or is it more of a supplies store. other than Countrymax and Tractor Supply, i don't think i've ever been to a feed store.  :think:

:jump: ......it looks 'loopy' to me.  :nod:

Never been to a Countrymax...:anon:

I have a nice little feed store in my own little rural area. Very nice people and good priced. I get my cattle feed, rabbit feed, dog feed, and some times cat feed there. I just wish they would start carrying canned cat food and litter! :doh3:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite shop to browse in closed down a while ago
It was a lovely little ethnic/ethical/fairtrade shop that had all kinds of goodies inside.

I like browsing in jewellery stores (usually to nick ideas for my own stuff ) and there's a little bead/jewellery supplies shop I could spend all day (and WAY too much money) in. Anywhere that has crafting supplies, actually, is heaven for me
There's an art gallery shop where I sell my jewellery that is always fascinating too - SO many lovely things
ahhh, a bead and jewellery supplies shop! 
  very nice!

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I can browse in the arts and craft sections for hours!  I sort of did that on Saturday in Walmart.  I needed some alone time and I have been looking for red and white chevron fabric so I had an excuse to go over there.  I came home with 6 pieces of fabric (including the red chevron), thread and a few styles of super cute buttons.  A few of the fabrics I have been admiring for a while; so now I just need to turn them into bags for DD and I and bathroom curtains!
that sounds lovely, and relaxing!

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The electric guitar section of musical instruments shops

The history section of the bookstore

The persian miniature section of persian carpet shops (if they have persian miniatures).

Orthodox icons wherever they are!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I love browsing in supermarkets and will check out the cheese section, the organic/health food section and the baking section. When a new Price Chopper opened in New York one year, I went up to spend the weekend with a GF. First thing we did was hit the new grocery store and we spent hours there, just looking around at stuff. And when our new Giant opened the other year, we received a notice in the mail to come in the night before it opened to look around and peruse the aisles. And yep, Rick and I were both there! 
 We also received a survey to complete about what we liked and didn't like about the store, any items that we wanted, but didn't see (I like frozen artichokes over the canned variety and I mentioned that I didn't see them at the store. It was a few weeks later that I received an email about the frozen artichoke hearts being available. And I buy them all the time there!)

When I'm in a kitchen store, I'll check out cooking/baking utensils and small kitchen appliances. There's a Reading China and Glass at an outlet center and I can spend hours there, looking at bakeware and cookware. I usually walk out of the store poorer than when I went in.

At Target (I loathe WalMart, too, @Kat0121, and refuse to step foot inside one), it's usually hair care, fingernail polishes, and holiday-type kitchen stuff.In fact, when we go into Target to pick up a meds prescription, Rick has to wait for the prescription, while I wander around nail polishes. I hardly ever leave the store without a bottle of polish.

At Lowes, it's usually the paint section or the flooring section. 
that sounds great, to check out a new supermarket opening! 
  i'd love for a Trader Joe's to open in my area, but if it were to happen it would be in either Rochester or Syracuse.

kitchen stores!!! 
  i love cookware and especially bakeware, utensils too!

yes, Lowe's flooring section! 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I enjoy going shopping for groceries. I especially like Wegmans because I love their prepared food section and always buy something hot to bring home or eat there. They have organic, vegetarian and all kinds of good food. I don't get to Wegmans too often but when I can get there I buy out the store. I mostly shop at Safeway and Shoppers Food Warehouse and Mom's. 

I also like to shop at Walmart and BJ's but not department stores. The only thing I buy at department stores is clothes and I hate shopping for clothes. 
ahhh, shopping at Wegman's is a very enjoyable experience! 
  i love their prepared food section, but it's too pricey for me. occasionally, i'll treat myself to either some rolls or bagels from their bakery though. 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Ollie's. I love to browse through their food department and then the health/beauty section. Then I am on to the kitchen stuff, followed by all housewares. l just love that store.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never been to a Countrymax...

I have a nice little feed store in my own little rural area. Very nice people and good priced. I get my cattle feed, rabbit feed, dog feed, and some times cat feed there. I just wish they would start carrying canned cat food and litter!
not to worry, i've only ever been to Countrymax once. now, i absolutely love going to Tractor Supply!

that little feed store in your little rural area sounds very nice!