Question of the Day, Sunday, October 11, 2015

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

ahhhh.........games on tv! i enjoy Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy too! great games to play along with! 

i think i've played spades before. and i enjoy sudoku too.

do you enjoy the cross sums puzzles?
OK, I had never heard of Cross Sums before, so I Googled it! OMG! I just spent 20 minutes working on a puzzle and now I think I am hooked!  It's similar to Sudoku, but a bit more challenging, I think? I totally suck at math, so this might be a real brain crusher for me! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OK, I had never heard of Cross Sums before, so I Googled it! OMG! I just spent 20 minutes working on a puzzle and now I think I am hooked!  It's similar to Sudoku, but a bit more challenging, I think? I totally suck at math, so this might be a real brain crusher for me! 
i'm glad you liked cross sums! i love numbers games.

i enjoy math, and i find sudoku more challenging than cross sums. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for all you mahjong lovers -- i found a really cool mahjong type game at the windows store. it's called Taptiles. wow, it's so much fun! the tiles are cubes which are stacked into 3-dimentional shapes, which you can rotate to see from different angles. omg -- it's 'da bomb'!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't.
I hate games. We used to go to friends for game night. The games would be all ready on the table and a book waiting for me by the armchair.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's nice that your likes/dislikes were respected, and that your host(s) had a book set out waiting for you on game night! that was very considerate of them. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

is canasta a rummy type game? it's great to read that you have 'card night' with friends!

oh, scrabble!  that's a fun game! 

i never played any nintendo games. but i do remember the (very) old atari games, from a looooong time ago.
Canasta is kind of like rummy. Some differences, but it's rummy-type game. We have had a card night with friends now for several years. Not every week, sometimes only once or twice a month, but we try to get together for a couple good games of cards. It's nice and it's a good way to catch-up on our friendship because we're talking as we play and just having a good time. Most of the time, it's the women against the men and that can get funny. We play Canasta, Shang-Hai Rummy, and regular Rummy, too, sometimes.

We play a card game called Screw Your Neighbor, which is like Spades. Oh, and I can't forget Pit. Sometimes we'll have four couples in all playing Pit and that can get crazy. Pit is an old card game.

Scrabble is not fun, not when Rick and I play. We play for blood. And, in fact, we had to call a moratorium on Scrabble games a couple years ago because it got too ugly and then it just wasn't any fun at all. Now when we play, we try to keep it toned-down quite a bit. Both Rick and I are very competitive when it comes to Scrabble.

After my father had a stroke, he used word-search puzzles to get his brain back in gear. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Canasta is kind of like rummy. Some differences, but it's rummy-type game. We have had a card night with friends now for several years. Not every week, sometimes only once or twice a month, but we try to get together for a couple good games of cards. It's nice and it's a good way to catch-up on our friendship because we're talking as we play and just having a good time. Most of the time, it's the women against the men and that can get funny. We play Canasta, Shang-Hai Rummy, and regular Rummy, too, sometimes.

We play a card game called Screw Your Neighbor, which is like Spades. Oh, and I can't forget Pit. Sometimes we'll have four couples in all playing Pit and that can get crazy. Pit is an old card game.

Scrabble is not fun, not when Rick and I play. We play for blood. And, in fact, we had to call a moratorium on Scrabble games a couple years ago because it got too ugly and then it just wasn't any fun at all. Now when we play, we try to keep it toned-down quite a bit. Both Rick and I are very competitive when it comes to Scrabble.

After my father had a stroke, he used word-search puzzles to get his brain back in gear. 
ahhh, my mom and dad played cribbage with next door neighbors for many years -- the women against the men. they all really enjoyed that, and chatted while playing. the losers at the end of each year (the men or the women) took the winners out to dinner -- but really, it was a friendly kind of competition though there was that goal to win.

after my mom had a stroke, she did jigsaw puzzles (many many of them, and constantly working on them) as well as making latch hook rugs for everyone in the family. i have the latch hook rug my mom made me hanging up on my wall -- because i didn't want it to wear from being walked on.