Question Of The Day, Sunday, October 1, 2017

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :hellocomputer:

it's been starting to get cool here, especially at night. it looks like fall is finally here! :)

for today's Question of the Day --

What was the last thing that you bought or were given that made you feel so happy, or that you thought was 'the (or one of) best thing ever'?

i'll start!

for me, it's definitely the socks i recently bought. they're 70% Merino wool, so very soft, and incredibly warm...:cloud9: they were listed as 'extreme temperature, to 30 below zero' socks. and my feet are actually comfortable and toasty warm, for the first time in i can't even remember when. i bought a set of 3 pairs, and they weren't inexpensive -- $33 for the set. they're well worth every penny, and i feel as though i have a good chance of going through this coming winter without my toes feeling like ice cubes. :cold:

how about you?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've just bought an electric stove for my conservatory. It's doing to get really cold in there in a month or two. The fire has artificial logs and looks real. I tried it out last night and I was toasty warm in minutes. All three cats were mesmarised by the flickering logs and sat in front of it for hours. Bliss!!! What more could I ask of a purchase.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Getting my car re-painted. Best. Thing. Ever. (He is just an awesome car.)

And anybody who really knows me on the board probably knew that that's exactly what I was going to say.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My carat diamond ring I received for my 25th wedding anniversary, years ago. Nothing has compared since, since it was such a total surprise and the look of pride and happiness on my dear husband's face was something I will never forget. Now, each time I see it, my heart swells with emotion when I remember that moment.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully this won't seem too creepy to some folks :lol:

The last thing for me was the book "Serial Killers: The Method and Madness of Monsters" by Peter Vronsky.

(I like true crime stuff, and by now many of you know I am a huge bookworm)

I bought it at a bookstore. So glad I decided to pick it up! It was a really good read!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The slow cooker I splurged on for myself (I have a thread on that here on TCS). A friend gave me new sheer curtains as a gift. I love the pattern on the curtains which isn't too noticeable from outside (condo rules :rolleyes:).

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I bought a plush toy for my daughter's dog and she sent me pics of him with it because he carries it everywhere. I love buying things for pets. Our local pet store where I buy Carleton's food is having a 50% off weekend sale so now I better hurry and buy a toy for Carleton too. ;)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've bought a lot of things that make me happy. Like my smartphone, a pillow, slippers, that sort of thing.
But the most recent best thing ever is honestly my kittens.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I guess the last thing was a top that I bought from a web site and it turned out to be really really nice. (I'm very easy to please).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just bought an electric stove for my conservatory. It's doing to get really cold in there in a month or two. The fire has artificial logs and looks real. I tried it out last night and I was toasty warm in minutes. All three cats were mesmarised by the flickering logs and sat in front of it for hours. Bliss!!! What more could I ask of a purchase.
oh my! an electric stove for your conservatory!!! :cloud9: that sounds wonderful!! :D

i can totally understand what you're saying! as i sit here and type, my wood burning stove is going 'low and slow (burning)', and our Punky is stretched out on the hearth rug in front of it, napping away blissfully! i'm even wearing flip flops, and my feet are adequately warm.

these stoves are 'worth their weight in gold'! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My carat diamond ring I received for my 25th wedding anniversary, years ago. Nothing has compared since, since it was such a total surprise and the look of pride and happiness on my dear husband's face was something I will never forget. Now, each time I see it, my heart swells with emotion when I remember that moment.
your carat diamond ring that you received for your 25th wedding anniversary!!! :clap: most excellent!! :agree: and the memory your ring carries with it......simply beautiful :redheartpump:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The last thing for me was the book "Serial Killers: The Method and Madness of Monsters" by Peter Vronsky.

I bought it at a bookstore. So glad I decided to pick it up! It was a really good read!
the book, "Serial Killers: The Method and Madness of Monsters", by Peter Vronsky!!! :thumbsup: very interesting!! :agree:

that doesn't sound too creepy to me! :) it kind of sounds like a fascinating book. :agree:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the book, "Serial Killers: The Method and Madness of Monsters", by Peter Vronsky!!! :thumbsup: very interesting!! :agree:

that doesn't sound too creepy to me! :) it kind of sounds like a fascinating book. :agree:

Glad to hear! :blush: When my coworkers saw me reading it during my lunch break they became a tad apprehensive about me :lol:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'll have to tell my son about this book. He's been trying to decide between psychology and linguistics. I think he might like to read this one.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hubby bought me a fancy coffee grinder for our anniversary to go with the fancy espresso maker he bought me for another holiday (I think it was a couple combined). They make me happy every morning when I make my coffee.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The slow cooker I splurged on for myself (I have a thread on that here on TCS). A friend gave me new sheer curtains as a gift. I love the pattern on the curtains which isn't too noticeable from outside (condo rules :rolleyes:).
ahhh, the slow cooker you bought not long ago!!! :clap: very nice!! :agree:

i use my slow cooker often enough. the most recent things i made using it were apple sauce and apple butter. it's great for the hot weather months, because it doesn't heat up the kitchen/house.

those sheer curtains are pretty! that's a lovely gift from your friend. :hearthrob:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a plush toy for my daughter's dog and she sent me pics of him with it because he carries it everywhere. I love buying things for pets. Our local pet store where I buy Carleton's food is having a 50% off weekend sale so now I better hurry and buy a toy for Carleton too. ;)
the plush toy you bought for your daughter's dog!!! :thumbsup: awww!!! he loves the toy you got him!! :cloud9:

did you end up going back to buy your Carleton a toy too?

i love buying things for pets too! :redheartpump: that's what i do for my birthday (gift), buy something(s) for my cats, because that's what makes me the most happy -- just seeing them all excited, and enjoying the gift(s). :cutecat:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've bought a lot of things that make me happy. Like my smartphone, a pillow, slippers, that sort of thing.
But the most recent best thing ever is honestly my kittens.
your kittens!!! :cloud9: most wonderful!! :lovecat3:

do you have a thread started about your kittens? any pics posted? ......enquiring minds want to know! ;)