Question of the Day, Sunday, November 26th

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This question may have been asked before, so an apology in advance. If you were mega-rich and could have anything you wanted at your home, what would it be?

Here we come fully staffed restaurants and sweet shops that are open 24/7! I shall eat a donut a day for breakfast and donate the rest. Yes, I am talking to you Krispy Kreme. Especially to you! :thumbsup:

And while we're building, I think an exact replica of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory is a must. My house doesn't have to be beautiful, only whimsical.

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
i would buy property for a shelter, make changers to apt, buy it from my landlord.
build a french bistro and a total new wardrobe, have a chef and a full-time helper

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 that sounds wonderful! Especially the shelter part. My plan sounds a little like I would soon be parted with my riches, but I think if I was a billionaire, I wouldn't have to worry about it. (Kylie Jenner has a Skittles machine at her office. She is a billionaire. Maybe I am more over the top than her?)

neely neely an ice skating rink sounds lovely! Can you ice skate? Wow! It looks so fun. I can't roller skate, so I am thinking ice skating would be way out of my league.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The idea could be dangerous, if it leads one to excesses.
So, I'd try to keep everything under control.

So, a big enough house, but not too big, it must be manageable.
A cleaner visiting daily, but no residing servants. I'd want my privacy.
Fresh, quality food delivered, but no excessive indulgence, have to watch weight and health.
Full luxury and facilities, but including some for exercising.

My motto, more is not necessarily better.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I was mega rich I would buy out the businesses around the rescue where I volunteer and pay for their expansion.
I would find a place for my sister to live wherever she wanted and whatever kind of dwelling she wanted, and stock it with everything she would need. And maybe hire her a chauffeur since she doesn't drive.
For myself, I would do a little remodeling, just basically new carpet and windows, and have someone come in and build cat perches everwhere.
Maybe I'd hire a chef to cook meals for my husband we could freeze and heat up. (I don't like "fancy" food, would be wasted on me"

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I couldn't agree more. When I was on a cruise, the fancy food horrified me to a certain extent. Caviar? Ick. But with the donuts, I am like Homer Simpson.

Last edited:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There isn't necessarily anything I would really want at my house. I would love to have certain areas of my house be bigger, like the kitchen and my bedroom. I have a remodel plan I want to do that would include pushing the kitchen out to the garage and then extending that out to my backyard to meet up with the deck. I'd then remove the sliding door from the current dining room and make the dining room another bedroom.

I would also love to have a bigger pottery studio with a sink and sink trap because right now I have to wash myself off in buckets so clay doesn't go down the pipes and that is not the funnest.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Reading this thread reveals a lot about people. There are things I would like to have, but since I started having chest pains after I won $500 on a slot machine and had to go back up to the hotel room after the payout because I felt sick, I don't think I would be able to handle a sudden lottery win. I would like to have to have a 24-hour vet who would come out any time we needed them, since everything bad that happens seems to be at night and on the weekend. The one we go to is about 45 minutes away and a treacherous drive.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really don't have anything material that I want. I would take that trip to Africa to see the wildlife but I can't really think of anything else. Maybe a small home further out away from the city for the peace and quiet.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to have the top floor of my house removed and a new roof,another room built at ground level for the storage I'd lose from upstairs.Some rearrangement of my kitchen would be nice.Odds and ends of a few things but nothing drastic.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would have some sort of pool-water park. Indoor and out so you can relax or exercise year round. I want some slides, some waterfalls hiding grottoes, a lazy river, an outdoor kitchen with a pizza oven, grill and smoker. And places for friends and family to hang out in or near the water if they don’t want to get wet. The ceiling will have stars making proper constellations and the occasional shooting star. Maybe it could even broadcast auroras from Alaska in real time? I mean I’m mega rich so I bet it’s possible. 😎 Ooo maybe there could be some kind of drink/smoothie maker. (We don’t drink much alcohol here but smoothies and milkshakes are always a hit. Plus a pina colada spice tasty right now.)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, I would do so much...
For me: definitely a house-- not a large one.. just enough for me.. A huge kitchen, with all appliances, with housekeeping staff, maintenance staff-- for house and grounds, year round... with enough room for a couple of kitties, not having to worry about their medical care..
A new car, and an on-call chauffeur when needed...Enough money for awesome health care, and to provide me with what I may need for services as I age...

I would also donate a ton to a rescue...

And the ability to mix and mingle with people of same interests.. not be isolated... be able to join as many groups as I wish, volunteer my time, and learn about things.. get involved in the community...

I think that is all that would suit me..

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
several tree sized peices of driftwood built and mounted into an entire floor of my home so graycie could have real trees to climb. along with a tarantula cage built into a wall so i could observe exactly how deep and extensive some of the fossorial ones i have would dig :lol:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I want a large paddock, stables for a couple of ponies, a big open area for riding in with a long Yabusame run for galloping the ponies down while I fire at targets with my bow and arrows. Also a covered area for the ponies to get pedicures from their farrier and regular treatments from their masseuse. (Yes, horse massage is a thing!)

Oh, and some ponies too!

Mr Husband would like an indoor, heated climbing wall. Preferably about 2 stories high with an overhanging arch and a padded floor for when he loses his grip.

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A well equipped art studio for various crafts with lots of natural light and a vet clinic that offered free services to those in need with living quarters for the vet staff.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Didn't think about a library! I would love one with a ladder that rolls around the shelves, like I've seen in movies.