Question of the Day, Sunday, November 15, 2015

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

When I used the Oreos for the base I used to melt down semi sweet chocolate and white chocolate and drizzle them over the top. It looks so pretty and goes with the cookies and creme of the cheesecake. That was a big hit at potlucks
i can imagine how very pretty that semi sweet chocolate and white chocolate drizzle over the top of the cheesecake would be! and with the oreos for the base...that would just take it 'over the top'!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandmas chocolate cake. It's been 23 years since she passed and no one, not even the best bakery or my mom can even come close.
I'm not a dessert person anymore
that sounds like a very special chocolate cake!

you know, i used to love candy. and i loved frosting on cakes too. these days the only candy i'm interested in is a lollypop from my bank once a month -- but not the red ones, they taste like sucrets cough drops...blech!  and i don't frost the cakes i bake these days either, instead i'll sift a little powdered sugar over them -- if i even do that.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I like desserts... a lot. But my favorites....

Pumpkin Pie! I can't wait for Thanksgiving to have this.

Boston Cream Pie - preferably chocolate but the strawberry is good too. We actually got a cherry one this time. Our safeway bakery makes them really good.

Peanut Butter Balls. Which are also known as "buckeyes". We make them around Christmas.

I really don't like fruity desserts... I like my chocolate. My mom makes an amazing carrot cake and I love that!

Every day desserts... I don't eat it every day but I really love ice cream. I prefer "candied" ice creams such as peanut butter cup, rocky road etc.

And what is really tough to make and definitely not every day... chocolate tiramisu. I had it at a fundraiser once and took so many slices...

It's amazing! It's an Italian (not Italian it was ordered from an Italian place) dessert AND delicious!

And my mom makes amazing jam cookies. We got some cherry, rhubarb & raspberry jelly (a mix) from Costco and it makes really good jam cookies.

We also make sugar cookies around the holidays. Or butter cookies with frosting. We have a cookie press that has different designs we make the butter cookies with and I can't wait to do it again this year!
oh, i like ice cream too! i stick to pretty basic flavors though -- like vanilla, black cherry, strawberry, pistachio (a favorite of mine, and was one of my dad's favorites too). and i love sherbet -- especially rainbow sherbet.

have you ever tried gelato? it's really incredibly good. the big difference between (american) ice cream and gelato is that there's more air whipped into (american) ice cream (up to 60% of the volume of the container) than into gelato (up to 20%). this makes gelato a denser and more intensely flavored dessert. many (many) years ago when i lived in LA, there was a gelato shop almost right across the street from my work and i'd go get some gelato most days during my break.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My parents always had rhubarb in the garden so I grew up with rhubarb pies.  I never did have a strawberry-rhubarb pie though.  My parents also had strawberries in the garden but they had ripened and then were long gone by the time the rhubarb was ready.
strawberry and rhubarb are put together often, they're a 'classic' combination. it's the sweet (strawberry) - tart (rhubarb) of it that makes it so popular.