Question of the Day, Sunday, November 13, 2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I always use coupons for grocery shopping especially on Wed. when it's double coupons at one of our chain stores, (Mariano's).  I do clothes shopping at the end of the season when it's on sale unless someone gives me a gift card in which case I will go to the store.  I like to try clothes on in person, see how they fit, etc. so I don't have the hassle of returning them later.  I used to go to malls when the kids were young but now that they are grown and on their own I rarely go anymore.  As for pet food and supplies we have several major chains nearby so I go to the store on a as needed basis.  Besides, I always like to see other people with their pets.

ahhh, coupons! 
  at least in my area, the coupons seem to only be for name brand items these days -- which i don't usually buy.

oh wow! it's been literally years since i've been to a mall to shop. wait, i take that back. i went to the closest LL Bean store, to pick up a replacement for my slippers sometime early this year, and that store was attached to a big shopping mall. i only went into Bean's though. and while i was there i tried on some walking shoes and a pair of bean boots, so i'd know the right size when i order them online (coming up).

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I use coupons at the grocery store....they can really help to keep the bill down to a low roar sometimes, and especially now, during the holiday season with the baking and cooking that I'm doing. We don't use as many brand names as we used to; honestly, we can't afford it and, for the most part, store brands work out OK.If I'm buying cheese anyway and can get Sargento cheaper than the store brand with a coupon, I'm going to buy Sargento. 

If I'm planning a shopping day (usually for me, for clothes), then I'll go through the clothing ads for our local stores. Any time I can get something and use a coupon, providing I'm going to buy the item anyway, it's good. For example, I have a $10 coupon at Christopher and Banks that I need to use, plus some of their stuff is on sale right now. If I can buy a few sweaters, get the sale discount, use my coupon, and get a coupon for a future buy, that's a good deal for me. I go to Ulta when they have a B2G1F event and use my points for savings as well (the woman who does my hair now works at Ulta, so that's why I started going there). 

I really try to take advantage of good sales and coupons when I shop. Sometimes it works out well, sometimes not so much.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't love to shop like I did at one time. I do use the sale ads from the local groceries, Food Lion and Piggly Wiggly. I use coupons from the Sunday paper for groceries. I have a $20 coupon to use on my next purchase from Food Lion. They gave that for six week during a certain time frame of spending $50 each trip.

I am in a shopping panic now trying to get dresses. I have lost weight and the ones I have are too big. The two local department stores are pitiful. Neither of them carry petite size dresses anymore. I told my husband this week if they gave me a $500 shopping trip and told me I had to buy clothes with it, I wouldn't be able to find enough to use the money. The styles for dresses are ugly and too short. So I am having better luck shopping in the local hospice thrift store for dresses. Right now the thrift store has shoes and women's pants half price. I bought a nice pair of Easy Spirit leather shoes for $2 this week. They were navy blue and nice to wear with jeans or pants. The toes were scuffed a bit, but for the price of polish, they look new and are very comfortable. I also got a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans for $2. I love prices like that. I bring the stuff home in plastic bags, open the bag over the washer and wash the clothing before I wear it. The shoes, I use Lysol wipes to clean the insides. Never had a problem and I can get wonderful deals by shopping there. I found two black dresses and a camel color one. I had to have the hem shortened on one because it was not a petite. But for the $24 I paid for the alteration and the thrift store, I got a nice dress.

I don't do a lot of online shopping because I have to try things on.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy almost everything online at Amazon. Super Stop and Shop sends a few coupons each month pegged to my grocery spending. Occasionally I use one or two. I never look at coupons in flyers, etc.
ahhh, Amazon! 
  you can find just about anything there!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I use coupons at the grocery store....they can really help to keep the bill down to a low roar sometimes, and especially now, during the holiday season with the baking and cooking that I'm doing. We don't use as many brand names as we used to; honestly, we can't afford it and, for the most part, store brands work out OK.If I'm buying cheese anyway and can get Sargento cheaper than the store brand with a coupon, I'm going to buy Sargento. 

If I'm planning a shopping day (usually for me, for clothes), then I'll go through the clothing ads for our local stores. Any time I can get something and use a coupon, providing I'm going to buy the item anyway, it's good. For example, I have a $10 coupon at Christopher and Banks that I need to use, plus some of their stuff is on sale right now. If I can buy a few sweaters, get the sale discount, use my coupon, and get a coupon for a future buy, that's a good deal for me. I go to Ulta when they have a B2G1F event and use my points for savings as well (the woman who does my hair now works at Ulta, so that's why I started going there). 

I really try to take advantage of good sales and coupons when I shop. Sometimes it works out well, sometimes not so much.
yup, me too! 

i love rewards points! the only place i use them on a regular basis has been at Hare Today.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't love to shop like I did at one time. I do use the sale ads from the local groceries, Food Lion and Piggly Wiggly. I use coupons from the Sunday paper for groceries. I have a $20 coupon to use on my next purchase from Food Lion. They gave that for six week during a certain time frame of spending $50 each trip.

I am in a shopping panic now trying to get dresses. I have lost weight and the ones I have are too big. The two local department stores are pitiful. Neither of them carry petite size dresses anymore. I told my husband this week if they gave me a $500 shopping trip and told me I had to buy clothes with it, I wouldn't be able to find enough to use the money. The styles for dresses are ugly and too short. So I am having better luck shopping in the local hospice thrift store for dresses. Right now the thrift store has shoes and women's pants half price. I bought a nice pair of Easy Spirit leather shoes for $2 this week. They were navy blue and nice to wear with jeans or pants. The toes were scuffed a bit, but for the price of polish, they look new and are very comfortable. I also got a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans for $2. I love prices like that. I bring the stuff home in plastic bags, open the bag over the washer and wash the clothing before I wear it. The shoes, I use Lysol wipes to clean the insides. Never had a problem and I can get wonderful deals by shopping there. I found two black dresses and a camel color one. I had to have the hem shortened on one because it was not a petite. But for the $24 I paid for the alteration and the thrift store, I got a nice dress.

I don't do a lot of online shopping because I have to try things on.
i really like those kind of specials!  
   i'm waiting to see if our local wegman's will be doing again this year what they did last year -- spend $25 there, and can then buy one whole frozen turkey for 48 cents/pound.

ahhh, thrift stores!