Question Of The Day, Sunday, May 6, 2018

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :hellocomputer:

yesterday, the package arrived that contained a replacement for an item that i'd recently dropped/broken.

for today's Question of the Day......

What was the most recent thing you've replaced? (can be anything)

i'll start!

i just replaced my electric hair trimmers. i'd dropped them last month...:doh: i took the trimmers apart, to see if i could fix them, but wasn't able to get them working properly again. so i bought a new pair -- this time, i bought the 'indestructible' kind......basically 'shock resistant', designed to be able to handle (my occasional) dropping of them.

my old pair was Wahl brand, and very good trimmers -- i'd had them for almost 7 years. the new pair is Remington brand, and has a lifetime warranty. i read a lot of reviews before deciding on the Remington trimmers -- i always carefully look into items before buying them. :agree: the new pair had good reviews, and when a few reviewers had problems with the trimmers Remington made good on their lifetime warranty. those are things i like to read about a brand/company. :D

so, how about you? what have you needed to replace recently?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 230062

As you can see, Selene likes to chew on cords. The last thing I had to replace was my iPod cord.

She's already started on the new one :rolleyes:
you replaced your ipod cord!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

oh, how i can identify with that!!! :agree: my two girls, DeeDee and Punky, love to chew! i've taught them to chew on cardboard (boxes), which they get a lot of satisfaction from, but they love chewing on cords and cables too. currently, we have almost 300 feet of wire loom covering pretty much every cord and cable in the house. the last cord that got chewed through was the digital phone system's power cord -- DeeDee was the culprit. :nono: that was maybe a year ago. the wire loom i have, some is black colored and the rest is yellow colored. i think it gives a 'steampunk'-ish look to things, especially the computer system. :D

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you replaced your ipod cord!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

oh, how i can identify with that!!! :agree: my two girls, DeeDee and Punky, love to chew! i've taught them to chew on cardboard (boxes), which they get a lot of satisfaction from, but they love chewing on cords and cables too. currently, we have almost 300 feet of wire loom covering pretty much every cord and cable in the house. the last cord that got chewed through was the digital phone system's power cord -- DeeDee was the culprit. :nono: that was maybe a year ago. the wire loom i have, some is black colored and the rest is yellow colored. i think it gives a 'steampunk'-ish look to things, especially the computer system. :D
Charlie was a cord chewer as a kitten, and he finally stopped before Selene came. Now she's getting him into the habit again :doh:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have most recently replaced the windshield wipers on my car. I always make sure to get a high-quality pair as they make all the difference in seeing the road correctly during rainstorms. The ones I replaced are working out very well and I am glad to have this taken care of.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a couple of window screens re-made. The wind ripped them right off the windows and broke the frame some time ago and I finally got around to having Ace make new ones.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Microwave, it had lasted at least 15 years so it was past due. It had tripped the breaker a few times when I turned it on but of course I waited until it gave out completely. It gave out on a weekday morning when I was getting ready for work. I have become so dependent on a microwave that I ordered another one on Amazon that morning before I went to work.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My computer bit the dust a few weeks ago and had to get a new one. Took a bit to get used to it but it is so much faster than my old antique.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :hellocomputer:

yesterday, the package arrived that contained a replacement for an item that i'd recently dropped/broken.

for today's Question of the Day......

What was the most recent thing you've replaced? (can be anything)

i'll start!

i just replaced my electric hair trimmers. i'd dropped them last month...:doh: i took the trimmers apart, to see if i could fix them, but wasn't able to get them working properly again. so i bought a new pair -- this time, i bought the 'indestructible' kind......basically 'shock resistant', designed to be able to handle (my occasional) dropping of them.

my old pair was Wahl brand, and very good trimmers -- i'd had them for almost 7 years. the new pair is Remington brand, and has a lifetime warranty. i read a lot of reviews before deciding on the Remington trimmers -- i always carefully look into items before buying them. :agree: the new pair had good reviews, and when a few reviewers had problems with the trimmers Remington made good on their lifetime warranty. those are things i like to read about a brand/company. :D

so, how about you? what have you needed to replace recently?
Vehicle brakes!! They were really shot, squeaking and squealing in protest whenever the slightest bit of pressure was applied. It was annoying and made me really, really uncomfortable driving it, so I didn't until they were repaired and now I'm shocked at how responsive they are.

Ccondron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just replaced my iPhone 7 Plus with the iPhone X ... and also got a new cord lol

Just means more quality photos of my little purrbabies

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I've replaced my couch cover. the old one was getting ratty and I saw this teal-blue one with faint seashells on it and thought it's perfect for my livingroom (I have nautical teal blue theme livingroom with my reef tank).

and a carton of milk.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before the brakes...weird story...
My personal laptop had the power cord plug stop working. I couldn't charge it up, so I packed it up and drove it to the computer person I've used for years. I get there, get out of the car, walk to the door, reach for the handle, and notice there's a sign on the door welcoming me into some dog grooming place.
The guy said he was going to sell years ago but had given me his number and address as he wanted to work from home. I got in my car, got in my phone, and called his business, disconnected. I called his home, disconnected. I did not have a cell number but thought I'd drive to his house about 30 minutes away and see if he was still available to do this computer repair thing.
Drive up there. Find the right address (it's rural, but there are a few houses grouped into the same general area.) Find the correct driveway. The house has some boards over the windows and looks like it's being remodeled. There had been snow on the ground for weeks but no tracks were around the place, I go to the door anyway, knock. No answer. I peer inside. No one is there and it looks deserted. Go around to the side door, try again, nothing.
Go back in the car, sit there like a dork. I google his business name and find his website, click on it, it redirects me to a company I've never heard of so I go there. The people there were very nice and very good and I was very happy, but part of me silently wonders if my computer person decided they'd rather manage than do the actual work anymore and decided to move and do the behind the scenes thing.
I'm a chicken sh!t and as a new customer did not mention this guy, but next time there I probably will ask if they know of him and to tell them I said hi (he'll know me, I've been a long time customer!)
Plus, this guy was always great as he was a cat person and talked about his cats a lot. I told him many stories of ours, especially our crazed little one and how she managed to head butt a glass of water onto a brand new system, frying it completely x.x

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
The batteries on my cordless drill would not hold a charge any more. And replacement batteries were $$$. I've got a nice air compressor, so I thought I would try the $20 pneumatic drill being offered at Lidl's. It's a very simple tool and works great! I may still need a cordless drill someday, but for now this thing will do just fine.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last Thursday I replaced my beloved Droid Turbo (in red) with the Samsung Galaxy S9+(in purple). It was a toss-up between the S9+ and the iPhone X, and I was torn because Rick has the iPhone X. I decided on the S9+ and I really like it. I’m still the only one in the family who doesn’t have an iPhone.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our tv remote for our cable provider was on the fritz and wouldn't work. I tried changing the batteries twice but no luck so brought it to the nearest store and they replaced it with a newer model.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have most recently replaced the windshield wipers on my car. I always make sure to get a high-quality pair as they make all the difference in seeing the road correctly during rainstorms. The ones I replaced are working out very well and I am glad to have this taken care of.
It is such a frustration when the wipers don't work properly. It's one I always forget about until it's storming and I realize I can't see the road very well.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took out the trash this afternoon, so I replaced that. ;) I did also put a new cartridge in the pheromone diffuser on Friday.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 230062

As you can see, Selene likes to chew on cords. The last thing I had to replace was my iPod cord.

She's already started on the new one :rolleyes:
Megabyte chewed cords, and like you, he ate my mouse. He also ate 110 cords. We tried bitter apple (used to keep animals from licking wounds.) We tried Tabasco sauce. He loved them. We finally bought some corrugated wrap that had a slit running its length and wrapped EVERYTHING with it. Megger left those alone, but if we missed any kind of cord, it was a goner.

We pulled him out from behind the bed with a 110 cord still in his mouth. We rushed him to the vet because such shocks can cause heart failure. Fortunately he was OK but he kept right on chewing. Some years later he had to have two teeth pulled right in the area of his mouth where he got burned from the cord. I'm sure it was a result of chewing it.

I'd strongly suggest the cord wrap. You can get it in 100' rolls. You may need two polls.

Here's an example. The price seems pretty good, too. However, if you're near a Fry's Electronics you might find an even better buy.

1/4" Diameter Split Wire Loom Flex-Guard Convoluted Tubing

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
My teeny wee pair of sharp scissors that I 'lost' in my bedroom last week when I was poorly and not putting things back in their places, very unusually. (I have magnets all around me where things live.) I hunted high and low but on not finding them decided to get another pair from Amazon the next day, as I need multiple pairs of scissors because I'm constantly compelled to make things with paper and sticky back plastic etc. The day after, I changed my bedding and they fell out of inside my duvet cover! What I was doing in my poorly delirium heaven only knows.

:runaround: