Question Of The Day, Sunday, May 28, 2017

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :hellocomputer:

lately i've had baked desserts on my mind, specifically bar type desserts. i do love dessert! :yummy:

for today's Question of the Day......

What dessert(s) would you like to try that you've never had before?

i'll start!

for me it's Nanaimo Bars......they just sound like they'd taste so good! here's more info about Nanaimo Bars at Wikipedia-- Nanaimo bar - Wikipedia i'm especially interested in trying Cherry Nanaimo Bars -- recipe for those who might be interested...Cherry Nanaimo Bars Recipe
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/234285/cherry-nanaimo-bars/
another that i'd love to try is Hello Dolly Bars (aka, Seven Layer Bars, or Magic Cookie Bars). again, they sound soooo good!

how about you?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Those Nanaimo bars look yummy, especially with the coconut. I may have to try them, but would have to take them into work as Rick wouldn't eat them. I find the most interesting recipes from you guys on this board sometimes. (Remembering Tammat and her YoYo cookies a few years ago; I had to buy custard powder to make the YoYos.....the only place I could find it was from Amazon. :) )

I've never made Floating Island.
I've never made Bananas Foster (I'd have to find something replace the rum.)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Baked Alaska. I know it is just meringue covered ice cream but I have always been intrigued with how that worked.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those Nanaimo bars look yummy, especially with the coconut. I may have to try them, but would have to take them into work as Rick wouldn't eat them. I find the most interesting recipes from you guys on this board sometimes. (Remembering Tammat and her YoYo cookies a few years ago; I had to buy custard powder to make the YoYos.....the only place I could find it was from Amazon. :) )

I've never made Floating Island.
I've never made Bananas Foster (I'd have to find something replace the rum.)
Floating Island!!! :clap: WOW...that sounds like it'd taste so good! and Bananas Foster......mmmmmm!! i'd replace the rum too. as i've gotten older, i really love bananas and desserts with bananas/banana flavoring.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baked Alaska. I know it is just meringue covered ice cream but I have always been intrigued with how that worked.
oooooo......Baked Alaska!!! :thumbsup: definitely a very interesting dessert!

that reminds me of ice cream 'bombes', that people used to make. you know, with the molds. i once made one, with layers of vanilla ice cream and sherbet --really quite tasty!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise