Question of the Day: Sunday, May 20th

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a favorite salad dressing, or does it depend on your mood? For me, it depends on my mood and what I'm eating with it. I usually use Ranch or Thousand Island but sometimes I crave a chunky blue cheese or a sweet and sour dressing (great on chef salads!). My husband, on the other hand, ONLY uses Italian dressing. It doesn't matter if he's eating Italian food or Chinese, that is the only kind he will use.

How about  you?

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like lots of different dressings - caesar, blue cheese, etc.   BUT - since we're trying to eat healthier I've b een sticking to Balsamic Vinaigrette --- and it's just great!   Once in a while we treat ourselves to the creamy dressings, but not as much as in the past.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Western, although I'll settle for French or Catalina if I have to.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ranch or chunky bleu cheese, unless I'm using it with chicken, then I'll make a Honey Mustard Ranch.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My veryvery favorite is Goddess (I don't know if other companies make this flavor. The one I buy is Annie's). I also like lemon tahini and bleu cheese.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite is Italian, but I like balsamic, creamy cucumber, thousand island, french...basically anything other than blue cheese or ranch. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is Goddess dressing green? If so, I had that years ago at a restaurant and LOVED it but I couldn't find it anywhere. 
This one isn't but maybe because it's an organic brand (so they wouldn't use food colorings). It has a tahini base, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, spices. . .here's the ingredient list: http://www.annies.com/products/Organic-Dressings

ETA: I guess Green Goddess dressing is entirely different: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_goddess_dressing But it sounds good!

Last edited:

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Ranch and Ceasar as long as the Caesar isn't too spicy. Honey mustard dressing is pretty good too. The salad dressing not the dip for chicken nuggets. :) I'm not a big fan of bleu cheese dressing though since I don't like bleu cheese at all.

Last edited:

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't eat salad dressing often at all...but I like Ranch or Catalina. (Catalina makes stirfry really yummy!)

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love salads and my favorite dressings are Ranch, Thousand Island and Blue Cheese. Another thing I enjoy with salad is croutons.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
For the most part, I'm a Caesar fan.

When I make homemade salad dressing, I love my Smoky Blue Cheese Dressing. And there's a Tangy Tomato Salad Dressing that I love to make, too; it rather reminds me of the house dressing at Outback.