Question Of The Day, Sunday, May 20, 2018

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby is German, and we live in Germany, so it's become second nature for me to speak German. I had several years of Spanish in high school and at university, but didn't keep up with it afterwards, so now I only get the gist of things.
you speak German, and are able to 'get the gist of things' in Spanish!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

i think that would be the ideal way to learn a language, living in the country and knowing/being married to someone who speaks it! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many years ago I took a year of French and failed miserably. I have hearing issues and all the letters sound the same so couldn't understand what was said. I could read french pretty well but couldn't speak it or understand it as people speak way too fast.
I used to sell jeans at a Flea market where many people spoke Spanish so picked up words and cuss words in spanish-I could tell when they were talking about me thinking I was a stupid gringo LOL. and I would answer back in Spanish.

Now if I was retired I would def go take a class and learn Spanish-I found it easier to understand than french. I also picked up on phrases of German here and there. I am fascinated with people who can speak multiple languages. We had a welder who was from Poland. He taught me so many naughty things in other languages..I could follow his conversations with others in other languages as I got used to how he talked and could figure it out..he retired and has passed away but I always got a laugh when he was insulting someone in a foreign language and I knew what he was saying but no one else knew. I guess it's a guy thing-shop talk type of thing. I think anyone who can speak multiple languages is way up there with genius!
you can speak some Spanish, know some phrases in German, and maybe still read some French!!! :thumbsup: that sounds like a good start at knowing multiple languages!! :agree:

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can communicate in Spanish due to living in Spain for a year in college. I am not fluent but in my job it comes on handy as well as in just life I live in Atlanta and we have a lot of Hispanics
I took 3 years of French in high school so I can read a little.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can communicate in Spanish due to living in Spain for a year in college. I am not fluent but in my job it comes on handy as well as in just life I live in Atlanta and we have a lot of Hispanics
I took 3 years of French in high school so I can read a little.
you're able to communicate in Spanish, and can read a little in French!!! :clap: awesome!! :D