Question of the Day, Sunday, March 6, 2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lilith- She's a diva to the core. She's the alpha in our house and never lets anyone forget it BUT she's never mean. She was the first one to befriend Henry when he came home. When he was in his cardboard box and then in his tote in his safe room, she used to spend hours in there sitting on the desk chair across from him. She didn't lay down the law about who was boss until after he came out of his room. She was very kind to him.

She's my little cuddle buddy. When I go to bed, she will often run around the house calling me. Then I call to her and she will jump up on the bed. I think it's a little game she plays. She knows where I am. She used to HATE being picked up but now she doesn't really care anymore because she knows that I will put her down when she wants but I generally don't hold her very long. Just long enough for a quick cuddle and some kisses. She's VERY vocal. She chirps, trills, meows and sometimes she" talks". When she's calling me, it sounds like a toddler girl saying "mama?" She also says what sounds like a toddler girl saying 'hello?' DD did not believe me until Lily stood outside her bedroom door and did it. She kept asking hello? until DD opened her door. She came out of her room and asked if I heard that. I told her that yes, I heard it. She does that all the time. When DD comes home from school and is here for a while, after she goes back, Lily will stand by her door and call for her for a couple of days after. It's so cute. I usually will go pet her and give her a cuddle.

Sophie - She's the one I DIDN'T go to the shelter for. I went for Lilith only expecting to get one cat. When I went to meet her, she was in a room with her 2 siblings, a brother and a sister. The brother was adorable. a calico with a lion cut. He had already been adopted and was waiting to be picked up. He and Lilith were playing in the middle of the room. The woman brought me in, handed me a small bag of Temptations and pointed out Lilith. She then waved her hand to the corner of the room where Lily's sister was hiding under a chair. The woman told me I could ignore her because she "wasn't friendly". That annoyed me and I was then positive that I would NOT ignore her. Her name was Midge. She became curious and inched closer as she saw them getting treats. I tossed her a couple and she came even closer. Soon, she was playing with her siblings and I was petting her. When I went back to the desk to talk to the same woman who brought me into the room, she asked me if I wanted to take Lily. I heard myself answer, "I'll take BOTH of them". She was shocked that anyone would want Midge because none of the workers or volunteers had been able to bond with her so I must be "special".
  So Midge became Sophie and I adore her. She's silly, mischievous, curious, playful and SO loving. She gets into everything and has broken things that have "been in her way" but she's so adorable and she makes me laugh and she's so darn cuddly that I don't care. she's my fluffball of love.

Henry - When I found him, I wasn't looking for another cat. I was on the website of a local no kill shelter "just checking out who was there". Then I saw his picture and read his bio. As soon as I read that he had been there for six (I found out later that it was actually eight) years, I knew I had to go get him. I brought DD down to meet him on a Saturday. He was in a rather small room with about a dozen other cats. He curled up on DD's feet and started nibbling her toes. I went back that Monday to get him. I had NO idea that his adjustment would take almost 8 months but it was worth every minute. He taught me SO much about how to work with a cat that has had VERY little socialization. Watching him gain confidence and seeing his personality blossom has been so amazing. He is still skittish but he's very loving ans SO patient with the girls and the dog. I call him my handsome little gentleman. He's so calm and laid back. He's such a good, sweet boy. We all love him.

I can't wait to see what @Norachan will add about all of her kids.
you have such a purrfect furmily! 
  and your Bailey too! i remember that Bailey (have i got her name right?) loves Henry very much. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

you have such a purrfect furmily! 
  and your Bailey too! i remember that Bailey (have i got her name right?) loves Henry very much. 

Thanks. They are a sweet bunch of furkids. 

Yup- Baileygirl's going strong at almost 14. She does love her boy Henry. She ignores the girls (and vice versa) but she loves him. He's such a little gentleman and the girls are such divas. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Autumn just loves to sit on my lap when I'm on the couch watching TV, she actually waits for me to sit there.  As soon as I sit down and cover myself with her blankie, she comes running over but then she stops and this is what I find so sweet, she waits until I ask her to come up. She will just wait and sit at the side of the couch until she gets permission to come up, I find that adorable. 

I actually am kind of half sitting and laying on the couch and she loves to join me.  A lot of times we both  take cat naps and it's so comfy. 

She is a very sweet cat and when I wake up in the morning, she talks non-stop.  She doesn't want me to get out of bed since it's so nice and warm in bed together,  of course if she hasn't had breakfast yet, she bolts out of bed to meet me at her food bowl.  Yep, she's a cutie.
awww......your Autumn sounds like a real sweetheart! 

i've always slept better when i have a cat(s) snuggling with me. i just feel like 'everything's right with the universe' kind of thing.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whisky meows alot. Had mad half hours where he races around the apartment growling. He's very funny. He likes to sit between my knees and sometimes sleeps on my bed. He hates to be picked up. He doesn't bite or scratch. He's mad about my ex!!!
Blighty is a little weird. Whenhe hears the microwave he goes mad. He runs backwards and forwards squeaking non stop making a terrible racket. He and whisky are either fighting, washing each other or sleeping together. He also loves my ex!!! All my other cats were my lap cats. Sigh.
please remind me -- is Whisky your siamese looking boy? or is Blighty?  ......

you have very lovely boys! 
  our two little girls growl sometimes -- either they have come across a bug and have it in one of their mouths 
  (no use in me trying to get the bug away from them, they'll eat it quickly then), or the other day little deedee was running around growling and had the finger type cat toothbrush in her mouth 
  all three cats just love the poultry flavor toothpaste, and even though i always carefully wash the finger toothbrush i think it still probably smells poultry-ish.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks. They are a sweet bunch of furkids. 

Yup- Baileygirl's going strong at almost 14. She does love her boy Henry. She ignores the girls (and vice versa) but she loves him. He's such a little gentleman and the girls are such divas. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
please remind me -- is Whisky your siamese looking boy? or is Blighty?  ......:anon:

you have very lovely boys!  :nod:   our two little girls growl sometimes -- either they have come across a bug and have it in one of their mouths  :jaw:   (no use in me trying to get the bug away from them, they'll eat it quickly then), or the other day little deedee was running around growling and had the finger type cat toothbrush in her mouth  :doh3:   all three cats just love the poultry flavor toothpaste, and even though i always carefully wash the finger toothbrush i think it still probably smells poultry-ish.
Whisky is the siamese. He's a bit more affectionate than blighty.
When blighty came he was a baby and stayed in my room. One day this little thing was eating and whisky went up to his plate. A paw flashed out to cover his food and he growled at whisky. Poor street cat. He still tries to cover his food. We hear his paw knocking against his plate.