Question of the Day, Sunday March 3rd

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Depends what time of day. Anytime after 1 AM, nearly instant unless I'm stressed or worried. Anytime before that usually like 30 minutes to an hour...

Oh also depends if my husband is also in bed or not, my mind will not wind down easily if he's still up and doing stuff purely because there's this anxiety "he'll forget to go to bed unless I'm awake to remind him".

We started using white noise at night due to my husband's tinnitus but if I go to bed first we turn on this soothing mix that's the sound of a train on a rainy night with a mild white noise over it. I think I conditioned myself to fall asleep when I hear it (if I'm sick my husband will play it in the living room so I can sleep on the couch with the kitties)

Biomehanika

Toxoplasmosis Mind Control Slave
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’ve had horrible insomnia for most of my adult life, and it would take me hours to fall asleep or I just wouldn’t fall asleep at all depending on how whack my brain decided to be on any given night.

I don’t know why but over the past few years, and the past year especially, I am now falling asleep very quickly most nights, which is such a nice change.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It varies; sometimes I barely close my eyes and I'm out like a light, while other times I will toss and turn seemingly forever before dropping off. Too, it depends on how active the cats are before they drop off.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 to 2 hours. Bed time is 10pm and I'll usually fall asleep around 11:30 or so, but sometimes later.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Unless I'm worried about something I fall asleep before I even want to, i.e. on the couch with Carleton.:sleepycat: My husband is jealous that when I wake up on the couch I can go up to bed and fall back asleep again. I think it's genetic because my sister is the exact same.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I usually fall asleep quickly, staying asleep is often an issue for me.
That's me. I play 'sleepy music' on my phone with a 1/2 hour timer and I'm almost always asleep before the 1/2 hour is up. But I often wake up around 1 or 2 a.m. Sometimes I can get right back to sleep; sometimes I'm playing Wordle at 2 a.m. :lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's hard to say because I will go to bed and do crossword puzzles or read before I'm actually ready or want to sleep. If I just went to bed without doing that, it would probably take hours. Once I put down the crossword puzzles or the book, it will usually only take a few minutes.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me ,it's either right away or it may take quite awhile.Staying asleep is my biggest issue with the lasix that I take.I'm up and down several times a night,and it doesn't matter when I take it.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I've had insomnia off and on most of my adult life. Lately, I've only had 3-4 hours of sleep each night.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I can follow my natural sleep rhythm; not long. I usually read or watch something mild on tv and fall asleep on the couch with Mooch.

When I've been on a school or work schedule it can take a while and doesn't mean I'll wake up rested in the morning. I usually just daydream till I doze off. My mom says I was like this as a kid and I remember complaining. DD was the same so I taught her to tell herself stories; but not too exciting. I used to lay awake nearly all night as a teenage with my imagination running. :cloud9:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It usually varies, sometimes I can go out within 10 minutes, other times it can take up to an hour or more. Thank goodness for Sleep Aid, it has been helpful on nights when I need it!