Question of the Day, Sunday, March 26, 2017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have many recurring dreams. In most of my dreams, I am either flying, have magic powers, or both. Unfortunately, I also have a recurring dream where I have to repeat school. In fact, that was the subject of my dream, where I have to go back to middle school. I was not too fond of my teachers in my dreams, especially because they ostracize me, and sometimes give me the stink-eye. Also in this dream, my husband tried to get me out of said school, because he knew I didn't want to repeat 12 years of stuff I already learned.
ahhh, what lovely dreams you have, of flying or magical powers, or both!!! 

a recurring dream where you have to repeat school......
    that would be a true nightmare, if i dreamed that! but YAY!!! for your DH, for trying to save you from having to repeat 12 years of school! 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Last night, I had a weird dream about being in this place, where I've never seen before,  but my sister and I were yelling at each other (normal)  and slammed the door shut with her on the outside.  (There is some family history there which I won't go into.) Then she proceeded to bang on the door like she was a lumberjack trying to open it.   I could hardly keep the door closed, it was like she was trying to drive her car through the door.  Then all of a sudden her husband was on the inside of the room with me and told me something sane and rational.  I can't for the life of me recall what he said, but it wasn't like anything he'd normally say, lol.

I only remember dreams if I awake while just having had the dream, if not I don't.  I think I dream all the time though.  I've had lucid dreams and those kinds of dreams that begin before you are fully asleep.  In those I just see faces, colors, shapes and what not that are constantly changing.  Weird how the mind at rest works.  

I have recurring nightmares about tornadoes, or about coming into a dark room and flipping the light switch which does not work - I hate those!  Or I'm on the phone trying to make a desperate phone call and the numbers keep changing on me as I try to dial or I forget the number I want to call.  Frustration dreams!
i always wonder, when i have dreams about places i've never been to and/or people i've never met before......i wonder where my mind conjures them up from. 

oh my!!! that sounds like quite a stressful dream! 

yes, i agree! maybe it has to do with our minds going through a process of slowing down, prior to falling asleep...? at least that's what seems to happen with me. 

frustration dreams......not very nice at all!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Our dog passed away a few yrs. ago but we were so bonded that most of the dreams I remember are about him.  He always slept on the floor by my side of the bed and the last thing I would do before I fell asleep was say goodnight to him.  I'm sure that's why he is still in my dreams. 
those sound like very precious dreams!!! 
   what i would give, to have a dream with my Mickey
  or Snick
  in it......

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Our dog passed away a few yrs. ago but we were so bonded that most of the dreams I remember are about him.  He always slept on the floor by my side of the bed and the last thing I would do before I fell asleep was say goodnight to him.  I'm sure that's why he is still in my dreams. 
  Oh that's special!

My Gram and I were very close all of my life. The last 8 years or so of her life her dementia went from bad to severe and we couldn't really talk anymore.  I also live several states away so I didn't get to visit her very often once she was in a nursing home.  But every so often I would have a dream that Gram and I were having one of our talks.  I'd always wake up happy and relaxed and just content.  I haven't had one since she passed away 2 years ago.  Part of me is ok with that because I'm afraid a dream like that wouldn't be as comforting as they were before she passed away. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh, the phone dream!  I have that one, too.   Usually, I've lost my cell phone and have to borrow someone else's and I can't figure it out.  I hate that dream!

In my phone nightmares, it's usually one of those old timey looking pay phones with a rotary dial or buttons.  Yes it's a miserable dream. 
hmmm......
  i've never had a phone dream/nightmare. i'll count myself as lucky on that.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I usually dream. I don't remember what I dreamed about last night but the nighte before I was somehow engaged to Prince William and received a phone call from the Queen of England, British accents included
I have no idea where any of that came from.

Occasionally I have repeat dreams. It may be years before a dream repeats but when it does I somehow know that I had the exact same dream before.
oh my!!! that's a very interesting dream you had! 

yes! i've had that happen before.....kind of like a dream related 'deja vu'.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I recall one dream where I was getting married, but had no idea to whom.  So I went to the guest register to find out last name would be Finn.  As in Mrs. Huckleberry Finn.  Ginny Finn.  Yeah, lol.  
i wonder whether our minds when dreaming have a sense of humor too! they must, at least with some of the dreams i've had before.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have crazy dreams sometimes but most are good and entertaining.  I don't let myself watch dramatic or scary movies anywhere hear bedtime because I've dreamt about them as if I'm in the movie!  I get all kinds of dreams otherwise though.  Occasionally flying, once it was like a musical with everyone singing but mostly they seem pretty random with different people from different times of my life even.  My childhood best friend and I were both active dreamers and we loved talking about our silly dreams.  One of our friends topped us by dreaming he was trapped and had to kick through an ice wall to get away. In reality he kicked a hole in the wall between his bedroom and the bathroom.  

I've had a couple dreams lately where DH and I were living in a different home that had been remodeled.  One was my mother's current house and the other was a different building.  I don't remember what type of building it had been; but I remember we'd closed in a balcony to make the master bedroom.  I've been playing with my home design software a lot lately; so thats probably why. 

ahhh, those sound like very nice dreams!!! 
   the last time i had a dream that was a bit disturbing (though not a nightmare) was when i was reading a book that had some mildly disturbing parts to it. i woke up and knew that dream was related to reading that book. i don't usually watch dramatic or scary movies near my bedtime either. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I often have vivid dreams.  Last week, I had been watching Murder She Wrote episodes with my mom before going to bed and that night I dreamed I was a spy in another country, trying to figure out how to get away before the bad guys got me.   
that sounds like a truly great dream!!! 

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I retired 7 years ago and I mostly dream about my job which I hated. Last night I was driving to work with my car pool. I forgot what the subject matter was in the dream I always fall asleep with the TV on and sometimes I will dream about whats on TV. I have to be careful about what I watch because I don't want to dream about anything scary or violent.  

Muffy

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I retired 7 years ago and I mostly dream about my job which I hated. Last night I was driving to work with my car pool. I forgot what the subject matter was in the dream I always fall asleep with the TV on and sometimes I will dream about whats on TV. I have to be careful about what I watch because I don't want to dream about anything scary or violent.  

Muffy
that sounds like a not pleasant dream, about the job you hated. on the bright side, once you wake up and remember that you're retired......that would make me quite happy!!! 

last night i dreamed about something related to the tv show i watched before bed -- The Mysteries of Laura. not a bad dream or nightmare, but had to do with something with a criminal(s) -- the tv show is a police drama.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

that sounds like a not pleasant dream, about the job you hated. on the bright side, once you wake up and remember that you're retired......that would make me quite happy!!! 

last night i dreamed about something related to the tv show i watched before bed -- The Mysteries of Laura. not a bad dream or nightmare, but had to do with something with a criminal(s) -- the tv show is a police drama.
Yes, there were a 4 women that I hated. They bullied me something awful. Anyway, like you said, I'm retired and they still have to work. We got a new boss and he forced everyone of them to leave.  He was a very gruff man but for some reason he liked me. He even gave me a luncheon when I left. Someone told me that he liked me because I did my job and did not cause any trouble.  I though he was wonderful.

If I think I'm falling asleep I will turn on a cooking show or something light. I try not to watch the crime shows.

Muffy