Question of the Day: Sunday, March 19

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning everybody,
I hope you are enjoying your Sunday - a day of rest (?)! At least all my 4 cats have gone back to sleep so I could start my chores, but I'm lacking in inclination.

I get out of bed and, assuming I don't have to leave the house, I am determined to get things done. But my cats have other ideas. Even after being fed they follow me around energetically, jump on me if I dare to sit on the bed to pull on my socks, or at the table to start work on the computer. Katy crawls all over me and Emily digs her claws in my clothes and pulls to attract attention. Woolly Bear follows me with her staring eyes and Mogi hovers around outside the small bathroom hoping I will go in with her. It's where last thing at night she receives any medication followed by a few treats!. So I sit down - drink another cup of tea and stroke my cats until all four of them have calmed down and leave me alone. By which time, I've lost all interest in getting things done!

And so it is today: so much to do but now it's visiting time at the carehome and I have to leave. Cats are sleeping and they'll stay that way until they hear my car coming back up the drive. That will remind them that it's time to be fed and my life will be centred around cats - again, until we all go to bed!

Wouldn't it be nice to ........... No. I don't want to exchange my life with my cats or with anyone else. There is plenty of room for improvement both in me as a person and in my present circumstances - but, I'll not change my lot even if it were it possible.

Are you basically satisfied with your life - or hoping for a win on the lottery, or dreaming about how good life could have been if only the stork had dropped you down a different chimney? 🤣
1679231603601.png

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am very content with my life as it is i am lucky enough to have the love of a well educated woman that is devoted to me(she's the boss)and usually right in regards to my health :lol:the proof of that is there for me to see every day when i wake up to grab my cane so i can walk.:rolleyes3:she gets so happy and likes hearing me admitt that to other people.:lol:"i was wrong and should have listened to her"that aside i have a roof over my head food to eat a loving family and a woman thats ok with my keeping tarantulas in our home.:biggrin:she even drove me to buy my newest one this past friday.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe you've heard this before but there's an old saying - "If we all threw our troubles in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." That's exactly how I feel. Nothing is perfect and some people cope better than others but everyone has their ups and downs. It's best to try and keep a positive attitude and not a woe is me one. I think we all know someone who has more problems than us and I'm sure we can all agree that pets help us get through what seems like our worst days. :lovecat:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a fitting question to ask at this point in my life. I'm currently going thru some stuff and trying to overcome severe burn out. It's been very stressful to say the least. However, I am on a path (a very slow path) to getting better. There are some regrets and some major things that I sometimes wish I had done differently but I would probably be saying the same thing even if things had been different...the grass isn't always greener, and what's done is done.
Overall, life is good. I have a wonderful family, a career that I enjoy, and a roof over my head. I do have goals, wants and needs, that some, seem out of reach right now and there are some fears and worries about what may come, but as I said, my head space isn't quite right so I need to forgive myself on what I'm missing, or what I think I should already have/be and simply continue to work on moving forward. Que sera sera......(easier said than done)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taken as a whole, I'm satisfied with how things worked out. Could it have been better? Sure, but then that introduces unknowns into the equation, with possible unfavorable outcomes. It wasn't fun growing up poor, but it taught self-reliance, and how to cope with adversity, and the value of a dollar earned. I got to marry my soulmate, and we've had a lot of good years together. We're both retired, our house is paid for, we're in reasonably good health, and we have the cats. 'Nuff said.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I love my life! I just wish I could sell more stuff on etsy, as I've put so much of my time, etc. into it. That's about the only thing I'm not liking about my life, and that's pretty good. I'm healthy, have a great husband, nice house, great cats, and a decent job. I'm very lucky and blessed.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy with my life it could be alot worse. I don't stress the little things anymore like when i was younger. I have a family that loves me and two wonderful fur babies who somehow manage to put a smile on my face when I'm feeling down. But I wouldn't say no to a big lottery win.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy and grateful for many things in my life and I do have all the basics. Yes, I really want to win a substantial amount in the lottery, at least enough to pay off our house and debts and for me to retire. My husband has MS and has dementia and everyday is a major challenge plus the added responsibilities I have. I'm turning 60 and I'm looking for a different job in the evenings so I can watch over him during the day.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy and grateful for many things in my life and I do have all the basics. Yes, I really want to win a substantial amount in the lottery, at least enough to pay off our house and debts and for me to retire. My husband has MS and has dementia and everyday is a major challenge plus the added responsibilities I have. I'm turning 60 and I'm looking for a different job in the evenings so I can watch over him during the day.
~ Your husband is lucky to have you. Stay strong ... :vibes:💕
1666962712781.png

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I imagined myself in my mid to late thirties, I definitely did not imagine my life how it is, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm mostly content with my life though. I wish I felt more comfortable with dating and had an easier time meeting people because being the only single person is getting old. I wish I had more money in my bank account and that I had a job in the field I want to get into, but I'm doing a thousand times better in life than I was 10 years ago though so I can't complain about that. I've been looking into having a kid on my own because I'm getting to the age where I really need to start thinking about my fertility and how much longer I have to have a kid. Not being a mom when I had the chance is something I think I would regret a lot if I waited for a partner to appear in my life.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I imagined by now that I would have graduated from university, and would be starting a fresh new job by now. But disabilities got in the way, and I ended up dropping out and going to college instead. I'm certainly not where I imagined myself to be at the moment but I'm thankful for the experiences I've had along the way, because without them I wouldn't be who I currently am!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Some things could be so much better. For example, I could be sitting here with 15 kittens crawling on me.
Some things could be so much worse. For example, I could be standing in line at a soup kitchen, wondering where I'm going to sleep.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We are doing well. Our health is fairly good, we don't worry about money, we don't wonder where our next meal is coming from. The girls are healthy and keep us on our toes. And, after 50+ years, I'm still in love with Dear Richard. I'm a lucky woman.