Question of the Day, Sunday, June 19, 2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, that's them. No mix recipe; you just layer it in the pan and bake. It has both chocolate and butterscotch chips and coconut in them. They are the richest cookie I've ever eaten, like a candy bar. Just one is plenty. If you want a recipe, google it. There are quite a few recipes on the 'Net.
oh my! i'm going to have to make some of those Seven Layer cookies.
  i'll have to wait until sometime this fall though, after i can order the carob chips (and have them not melt during shipping).

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lately its a pastry out of my snack machine at work. apple turnover. The apple is nice and soft and so yummy. The pastry is perfect texture. oh I love these. I don't usually like sweets. I rarely eat them.

I love homemade anything.

I like these chocolate coconut bars in the cereal lane-they are $2.19 a box for 8, they are small enough to be low calorie but have all coconut in them with chocolate covering..cant remember the brand. I can eat a whole box.

once in awhile vanilla oreo cookies.

shortbread is my favorite, sugar cookies, snickerdoodles are really good. Just about anything if I am in the mood for it. But I tend to prefer vanilla over chocolate.
those apple turnovers out of your snack machine at work sound really good!
sometimes they get the taste and texture just right.

your apple turnovers also remind me of a long time favorite of mine -- Mrs Paul's apple fritters. unfortunately they're no longer being made.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an extreme soft spot for Loft House cookies. I've loved them since childhood and when I have a bad day they're my go to comfort food!
you know, i've never had any Loft House cookies. but looking them up online, they look really very good!

i seek out comfort food when i've had a bad day too. for me, that's usually chicken noodle soup, a grilled cheese sandwich, mac and cheese, or a peanut butter and sweet bread & butter pickle slices sandwich.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have an extreme soft spot for Loft House cookies. I've loved them since childhood and when I have a bad day they're my go to comfort food!
I have a recipe for the Lofthouse cookies and would like to try to make them (as soon as I get my oven back). It looks like a really good cookie and it's supposed to taste like the Lofthouse cookies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am not tempted too much by cookies, (chips and ice cream are another story
),  but on the occasion I am, I love the Peanutbutter kiss cookies and I do like shortbread!  Walker's shortbread with chocolate chips!  Walker's shortbread is the best!
mmmmm......shortbread cookies!