Question of the Day: Sunday, June 15

catdavidlouis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Was that cover band "Brit Floyd" by any chance? They are really good, but a yard and a half for a ticket?
Well,Catspaw, i just went  thru my credit card statements back to March when I bought my son two tickets for his birthday, for him and a friend. I find that I was in slight error at saying the tickets were. "a hundred and a half " a piece. I'm learning that as I get a little older, I should not make off the cuff statements about such things-- I just don't have the memory for it anymore. Sorry for the misleading statement. But still, the 2 tickets totalled $268.62, which is $134 bucks each. I just remember being a little hacked off at the time.  And they were  just general admission seats-- though there really is no bad seat at Red Rocks. They added a service charge to each ticket (whatever that is)' and an "e-ticket" charge, if you can believe that.

Oh, and yes it was Brit Floyd-- which I agree with you is a terrific cover band. But $134 a ticket-- don't know that they"re that good. But anyway, they sold it out quick--so what do I know. But I just wanted to clear up the price misstatement from my last post.    

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I know I'm going to forget quite a few here. I've seen Sting and Peter Gabriel a few times. The first Peter Gabriel concert I went to was amazing. I've seen the GoGo's and the B-52's quite a few times. I've also seen the Psychedelic Furs, the Outfield, Billy Joel, John Mellancamp...and I know I am forgetting a bunch. I would like to see the Police and U2.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well,Catspaw, i just went  thru my credit card statements back to March when I bought my son two tickets for his birthday, for him and a friend. I find that I was in slight error at saying the tickets were. "a hundred and a half " a piece. I'm learning that as I get a little older, I should not make off the cuff statements about such things-- I just don't have the memory for it anymore. Sorry for the misleading statement. But still, the 2 tickets totalled $268.62, which is $134 bucks each. I just remember being a little hacked off at the time.  And they were  just general admission seats-- though there really is no bad seat at Red Rocks. They added a service charge to each ticket (whatever that is)' and an "e-ticket" charge, if you can believe that.

Oh, and yes it was Brit Floyd-- which I agree with you is a terrific cover band. But $134 a ticket-- don't know that they"re that good. But anyway, they sold it out quick--so what do I know. But I just wanted to clear up the price misstatement from my last post.    
Ok. Only $134.   Yeah. I think I will watch the YouTube videos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No kidding, tickets are way too expensive these days. 
Seriously! I think that's why my generation isn't as concert-going. The Billy Joel and Elton John Face to Face tour tickets cost us over $400 for two. After tax, fees, and the cost of parking, it was about $500. Not something I would do again.

Standing room for the Macklemore & Ryan Lewis show was over $50 per ticket, and parking was something stupid.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dah Dah miss American pie. We went to the leviee but the levee was dry
------------------------
Singing this'll be the day that I dye.....
A bit of help here please.

The rolling Stones were here for one night first time they'd ever been. No chump change to go see it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bye, bye, Miss American Pie.

Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry.

And them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye.

Singin' "This'll be the day that I die... this'll be the day that I die."

The Rolling Stones did a surprise concert at this hole in the wall near here called Ziggy's. Apparently the band knew the owner from back in the day. They billed it as a surprise act that wouldn't disappoint, and they charged more than usual, but still not that much. $20 in advance, maybe? No tickets to be sold once the concert started. I think tickets were normally like $10. Anyway, turned out to be TRS and it was a huge deal. This was many years ago, and ZIggy's wasn't my scene, but I had friends going nuts over it.

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I've never been big on concerts as I don't like huge crowds much.

Manfred Man way back in the 60s was my first one.

Elton John in 1973

Paul Simon and Ladysmith's Graceland tour in the mid 1980s

Probably the best was David Bowie's China Girl tour.  I was living in Malaysia and drove down to Singapore to see him.  Hardly anyone turned up, so we were just a few rows back.  He was the consummate performer.. he gave it all he had despite the numbers.