Question of the Day, Sunday, June 14th

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely hate shopping, so my husband does just about all the grocery shopping and watching for sales, etc.. He keeps track of prices and so on. I'll stop and pick up a few items like milk or bread when we're running low.

Just about all our cat supplies are bought online (by me), and I watch for specials and take advantage of bulk discounts.
i've noticed that many couples split up the shopping, based on what each person prefers to do/prefers not to do. that seems to work out very well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you keep track of your monthly shopping expenses?  Yes. I have to unfortunately  

Do you keep an eye on rising food prices? Keep track of certain food items prices?  Yes. I know how much pretty much everything I need costs

Do you use coupons? Look at the sales circulars before shopping? I do use coupons if they are for something I was going to buy anyway. Yes. Walmart does price matching so I will have them match a cheaper price at the register and then go online and use the savings catcher so they can catch lower prices I may have missed by entering my receipt number. If they find a better price locally, they give you the difference back and you can have them put it on a gift card or an AMEX Bluebird card. I let that build up and then use it for future shopping trips. Every penny counts 

Do you shop at 'brick and mortar' stores, or online? Or a combination of both? Yes. I shop at B&M stores and online. Most of my online purchases for staples are through the Amazon subscribe and save program. 

Do you enjoy shopping? Sometimes. I hate shopping when the store is crowded or when there's only 1 or 2 checkouts open or both  
i had never heard of walmart's savings catcher. i really like that the savings catcher online can do the checking/comparing of prices for you.

i agree that every penny counts!

i guess i don't hate shopping partly because i only shop (in B&M stores) once a month. if i had to shop more often, i'd be very annoyed by crowded stores and not enough checkouts open.