Question of the Day: Sunday, June 11

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do not like being hot. I don't like being out in the sun at any temperature. My cats enjoy sunbathing, and I enjoy petting their warmed fur, but I don't enjoy directly being in the sunlight.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don’t care for a lot of heat or cold. I remember my mom having to give me cool baths during the night when I was little because it was so hot in our apartment. If there’s shade and a breeze I can manage; but in the summer I don’t choose to spend time in it. I love to be in a pool because it keeps you cool. I like getting some color. But I definitely don’t sit out on purpose. We usually visit the beaches towards the end of the day when the sun isn’t as strong and crowds have gone. We chose to make our Disney trip in November when we went because it was cooler!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winter, definitely. I love the sun.
Summer on the other hand...
What can I say, the sun in Arizona is brutal. Even though I'm in the mountains, it is still considered high desert. Which means that in a couple of weeks it will be reaching 100°F by 10:30am.
More than 30 minutes in the sun you will start to blister. When you open your car door, you will burn your hand, as well as on the steering wheel. It is hot, it is oppressive and it just sucks every ounce of energy from you.
Sorry, I've ranted enough
But AZ is beautiful.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I thrive in the sun.. it's the humidity I really can't handle, and that's very much a part of our Summer.
It's Winter here and when the sun is out it's a delight.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like sitting in the sun, and I don't like it when the weather gets hot/humid, which I guess it's starting to now. Mid 70s is perfect. I like sittin on the front porch in the shade.