Question of the Day: Sunday, July 8th

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, we went to Martinsburg to watch my nephew play in the Little League baseball regional championship. Yes, they won 11-0 and, I guess, now go on to the state championships. Normally, I don't like going to games like that because I've found the parents sometimes can get ridiculous and down right mean, but everyone from both sides behaved themselves and were respectful of the both teams. I'm especially proud of my nephew...he pitched the last 2 innings and struck out almost every batter. He's got a wicked curve ball!

The question today is: Did you play any sports in school? 

I didn't. I'm barely coordinated enough to walk and chew gum at the same time so team sports is kind of out of my league. The closest I got was barely making the cheerleading squad in 5th grade, and the only reason I got in was my dance instructor's assistant was one of the judges 
, In high school gym (which, thank god, we only had to take 2 semesters of), I spent more time on the benches with injuries than I did actually participating. My gym teacher actually said to me, "you are a lady and a scholar...but you are NOT an athlete". To which I said "No sh*t! 
 How about you?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 In high school gym (which, thank god, we only had to take 2 semesters of), I spent more time on the benches with injuries than I did actually participating. My gym teacher actually said to me, "you are a lady and a scholar...but you are NOT an athlete". To which I said "No sh*t! 
 How about you?
My high school had an "alternate" gym you could take in grade 11 which was bowling, playing pool, swimming and other fun things. Much better than the gym playing sports. 

I played volleyball in grade 7 and 8. Everyone who wanted on the team was on it because the school was so small there was only just enough people to make a team. I didn't really enjoy it, but it gave me something to do and got me out of class for some games. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't go to school. But I played Youth Sports (military base kids' program). Baseball in the spring, golf in the summer, soccer in the fall, basketball in the winter. I'm not an athlete either :lol3:, but they had to accept everyone. I was usually the only girl on the team. I was pretty good at golfing and passable at baseball, but soccer and basketball require too much running. I had fun, though.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not really, outside of the gym class type of games.

My phys ed teacher did ask me if I'd consider track because I could always run. Never participated in any type of organized sports.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a swimmer but my school did not have any kind of swim team. I'm not fast enough for sports, I'm slow but long enduring. 
 Maybe if I didn't have asthma I would have been okay at cross-country track or something.

Last edited: