Question Of The Day, Sunday, July 8, 2018

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
C'est Moi is fairly vocal with loud meows, especially when she wants treats. She will also try to meow her name. She has a very soft, quiet purr.
Olivie's main sound is a kitten-like squeak. She also makes some cute chirps and trills when she's being playful. When she's annoyed with Hotaru, she hisses like a snake. She has a very nasally purr.
Hotaru's meow sometimes sounds like a human baby crying. She also has a very persistent meow that she will use if she is trying to get me to wake up; she will climb all over me going meow, meow, meow. She has a trill that she likes to use when she wants attention. Her purr is fairly loud.
your girls have a variety of interesting and cute sounds they make!!! :clap: really awesome!! :D

and your Hotaru has a routine for helping you to wake up! :lol: my three have things they do to help me wake up too. our DeeDee and Dude like to get under the covers with me -- Dude will snuggle in my arms while i give him scritchins, and little DeeDee will simply go under the covers and then right back out again...several times. Punky likes to hop up on the bed next to me and receive morning scritchins. :biggrin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speedy is a very quiet cat. When she would like something, such as for me to wake up, or she is waiting for food or a treat, she will paw me lightly or sit with one paw raised. Here she is with one paw raised, no meows at all, waiting for a treat -
View attachment 240992

There are a few times when she will meow and mostly those few times are when she is playing. She likes to carry 'prey' toys up the stairs and will make a rolling meow while having the toy in her mouth.

Another time she will vocalize is when I am able to converse back and forth with her in a little conversation. I will ask questions and she will give answers with a soft meow.

Speedy does trill, however, and quite a bit when she is watching bird visitors at the feeder. View attachment 240996
while your Speedy is a very quiet cat, she does meow when playing, and makes 'rolling' meows as she carries 'prey' toys in her mouth up the stairs; Speedy also trills while watching bird visitors at the feeder, and will reply with soft meows when you and she are able to carry on little conversations!!! :thumbsup: most awesome!! :)

i love hearing cats make trills and chattering while watching birds! :hearthrob: