Question of the Day, Sunday, July 12, 2015

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

@Kat0121 -- MASH was a really good series! i think i'm going to have to find some Benny Hill episodes around the internet to watch -- i enjoyed that show so much, very funny!

Lilyhammer is new to me, haven't seen that one. though, looking into it (on the internet), it looks like a really good tv show. thedarehub dot com offers it too -- free to watch, just by setting up an account.

dark comedy -- i found a great article on the 10 best dark british comedies -- http://whatculture.com/tv/10-dark-british-comedy-tv-shows-that-must-be-seen.php   they all look like they'd be interesting to watch.
Lilyhammer is fantastic and a must see for anyone who loved The Sopranos IMO

I loved Benny Hill and Are You Being Served? I love British humor. Thanks for the link. I will check that out. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I agree about Kate Mulgrew as the captain in Voyager; she was good in that role. And I rather liked Quark in DS 9. (I have a neat t-shirt that says "Quark's Bar and Grill" on the front.)

Yes, Duchovny, Anderson, and Pileggi are all coming back in their original roles in the X-Files. I am so psyched about the X-Files! I've tried to watch Aquarius, but keep falling asleep. 
 I don't know if that says anything about the show or just that I'm pooped. I want to watch Hannibal, too, because I like Gillian Anderson, but keep forgetting about it.

I love Sleepy Hollow! And I've been a Supernatural fan since half-way through the first season. (Basically, I got involved in it when I came home from a zoning hearing board meeting one night. Rick was bowling and I had no idea what to watch on TV. I started channel surfing and came across a bare-chested Sam; it was the episode where Dean put itching powder is Sam's clothes, although I didn't know that then. I thought, "Hello, what is this?" And the rest is history. I told you, I'm shallow. I admit it.)  IMO, it had gotten pretty bad a couple season ago with all the angels versus demons kind of stuff and I was really getting tired of it, but this past season with Cain's mark on Dean has been quite good. I hadn't fallen asleep through the episodes, so that's always good. 
 I have all the seasons on DVD except for this last one.

Moonlight starred Alex O-Laughlin as a vampire/private investigator. I didn't watch it when it was actually on the air (CBS, carried it, I think). But it was on Sy-Fy and I got hooked on it then. And bought the season (there was only one season) on DVD. I wouldn't have minded seeing another season. But I think he got involved in Three Rivers (I think that was the name of the hospital-type show he was working in). And when that got cancelled, he went to Hawaii 5-O. Like I said, I used to watch that, but haven't seen it in a few years now.

I like the original Star Trek and had some problems getting into TNG when it first started. And then a friend of mine talked to me. He said, "Forget about the original. Watch TNG for its own value. Don't even think about the original." When I did that, I really liked it. Turned into a big Picard fan, to the point where we have a life-size Picard in the computer room (got it at a Star Trek convention, in fact.). I really like TNG. Love George Takei, too!
as i've gotten into Aquarius, i've found that the story draws me in more. now there are questions that i'm interested in finding out the answers to. but i've also always been fascinated by the '60's.

yes, i stopped watching supernatural on a really regular basis during all the angels vs demons extended stuff.

that's a very good point. i'm pretty sure i'm comparing the two, or wanting TNG to be like the original Star Trek.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lilyhammer is fantastic and a must see for anyone who loved The Sopranos IMO

I loved Benny Hill and Are You Being Served? I love British humor. Thanks for the link. I will check that out. 
i only ever watched one or two episodes of The Sopranos. i'm sure i'd enjoy it, if i watched the series from the beginning. Lilyhammer sounds very interesting to me. but then, there are quite a few shows i've enjoyed watching that are set in foreign countries -- especially scandinavian countries.

you are welcome!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i do! great shows too. i never did watch all the episodes, through all 7 seasons of the Mentalist -- thedarehub dot com has all episodes of all 7 seasons available to watch.

The Closer, with kyra sedgewick! really great tv show! though i was sad that the series ended, that last episode was perfect. what brenda did in that last episode was right 'in character', the
perfect ending to the series really.
I haven't seen the ends of either programmes yet. It drives my ex mad about all the lies she tells.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen the ends of either programmes yet. It drives my ex mad about all the lies she tells.
i wasn't sure you had seen the end of The Closer, so i made sure not to spoil it for you by giving too much info about the last episode. not sure about anywhere else, but in the US the police are legally allowed to lie during interrogations in order to extract info.