Question of the Day, Sunday January 7th

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A boring question. Are you predominantly left-handed or right-handed?

Me: I'm left-handed. I think most people are ambidextrous to a point, but I write with my left hand. I remember taking a flower arranging class and a classmate watching me make a bow and saying somewhat amazed, "You're doing that with your right hand." I hadn't even noticed. And i'm not sure what she meant exactly, because it would be very difficult to make an elaborate bow without using both hands. In fact, I am always a little surprised that people notice which hand I use most.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband is right-handed and I must confess. It is fascinating to watch him write. ✍

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am right-handed. I shoot pool left-handed, haven't done that in years. Didn't know I was doing it left-handed until someone pointed it out. With anything else I am very much right-handed, pretty useless with my left hand.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm mostly a lefty, but, and I'm sure many lefties are like this, I can do many things with both. In a world of right handed tools (scissors, can-openers, computer mouse, etc...) we never sought out to buy left handed things so I simply learned to use them growing up and now I'm comfortable using my right for lots of things. The only thing that is always left handed is when I write and play pool. I'm also more comfortable "swinging left" if I've ever played a sport like golf or baseball, but have done both.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was left handed as a young child until I started school and my mom made me use my right hand because of an old superstition. :rolleyes: I had a tough time writing with my right hand, it seemed so unnatural but with time I got used to it. There are certain things I do with my left hand and one of my daughters is left handed - I never even tried to make her change remembering what I went through. Besides, it is who she is and I love her for it.:hearthrob:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right handed. Use computer mouse on left side and often cut with a knife left handed.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right handed and have been so all my life.When I was in school,all the kids who were lefties had to learn to write right handed with this metal form that held their pencil and their hand fit over it.Oh how they hated it...I always felt sorry for them.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a lefty but there are certain things I only do with my right hand, like use a remote or a calculator. My computer mouse I can do with either hand and when it comes to strength my right arm and hand are much stronger than the left.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Left for writing, drawing, sewing, spoons and using the knife to scoop sandwich tuna out of the bowl! (Spreading butter etc I use the right hand.) Tried left handed scissors once decades ago, couldn't manage them at all. I'm not ambidextrous, but can find I need to try both hands for a task to see which works better.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am right handed. DS is the leftie in our house and it's awkward trying to teach him some things because I feel like I can't quite demonstrate things the way he wants to do them. It works out.