Question of the Day, Sunday, February 4th

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a freshman in high school, I was dragooned into the freshman chorale- you had to try out for it, but that was mandatory. It seemed that since my voice didn't crack when hitting the higher notes, I was put into the baritone section. Nowadays, I couldn't sing worth beans, as I can't hear well enough to tell in I am hitting the right notes or not.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I can sing, however, I have terrible stage fright and don't like to sing in front of people. On the drunken occasions where I did a little karaoke or belted out a little tune, people were almost speechless as they did not expect what came out of my mouth. I grew up practicing singing to Mariah Carry and Whitney Huston mostly....and no I'm not as good as them!...but it was good practice and I think I did a pretty good job.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sang in my high school's Concert Choir. Also with a Cathedrals Choir while in high School. Later with the U.S. Navy Blue Jacket Choir during Boot Camp. Though in the last several decades, I haven't sang at all. I guess I now prefer to just listen now.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I love to sing but my family doesn't like to hear me. :flail: They say I can't carry a tune but I don't let that stop me. If it's a song I like I just keep on singing. I'm that person you see when driving who sings along to the music. :wink:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Most definitely- did summerstock as a young girl,off Broadway venues,was in many bands decades ago as lead vocal but you can only spread yourself so thin,my studies and passion for animals took president though it was a tough choice at the time

Later on in life I was on the Praise Team as one of the soloists - I rarely sing anymore because I don't go anywhere

So ,yeah ... I can sing

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When younger I sang nicely. Some said better than that.
Now as an adult who's had some life thrown at her over the decades, not so much. It started with having a vocal cord nicked while intubated in a surgery. Add in other things and I can't carry a tune at all now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I do that, too. Well, I mostly substitute words in existing songs. There's "Mama's Little Kitty Loves Shortening Bread" and "Otter" with the beautiful lyrics: Otter, Otter, Otter, Otter, OTTER, sang to the Batman theme and written especially for my cat Oscar. And sang to my cat Oscar. It's really pretty.