Question Of The Day, Sunday, February 18, 2018

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Chocolate will sell her cat soul for either any flavor of Temptations or Party Mix. Darwin will nibble them. Velcro never ate any treats (or people food) until I bought some freeze-dried varieties. I got whitefish cubes, minnows, and flakes of tuna and salmon. Velcro gobbled down everything but the minnows, which both he and Chocolate tried to cover up.

Since I'd been trying to find a motivator for Velcro, I ordered a big bag of salmon cubes, some whitefish, some ahi tuna cubes, and some tiny shrimp. I eagerly offered him some tuna. One sniff and he stalked away. He scattered the shrimp all over the place with his snort of disgust. He nibbled a piece of the whitefish. Finally I offered him some of the salmon, figuring he'd wolf it down. I set it on a piece of newspaper and he did his best to cover it up. He finally gave up and stalked away. A few minutes later he came back and gobbled down every crumb. Then he came looking for more. I gave him a couple of pieces. He tried to bury them. At that point I gave up. Anyone need freeze-dried minnows or shrimp?

I've never known of a cat other than Velcro (who would surreptitiously eat one if he found it) that would turn down Temptations. They must be kitty crack.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of our friends gave our cats a Meowbox for Christmas and it contained these freeze-dried chicken treats. The kitties love them!

View attachment 219319
your cats love Crumps' naturals freeze dried chicken treats!!! :clap: really very nice!! :D

that's so sweet that your friends gave your cats a Christmas gift! :redheartpump: i love when friends of mine do that.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack loves the freeze dried minnows. The crunching sound he makes when gobbling them up makes his kittysmama very happy (and that alone makes the price worth it!).

And Jack and Pepe love shrimp or chicken we share with them when Kim and I eat dinner.
your Jack loves the freeze dried minnows, and both Jack and Pepe love bits of shrimp and chicken that you and Kim share with them!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

thank you for mentioning the freeze dried minnows! reminds me to buy some for my three to try. :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , Yeah, luckily they like all the brands of hairball treats I give them. And those mixed with daily games of "ninja pounce and roll" on the hair-grabbing hall rug, means we've not been bothered by them (:crossfingers:). However, the flat is most certainly bothered by copious hairballs! :sigh:
ahhh, yes! our rugs 'grab' kitty hair too! i call those balls of cat hair i find rolling around the floors 'hair tumbleweeds', because they remind me of the tumbleweeds seen in old western movies -- Tumbleweed - Wikipedia

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'd say those freeze dried minnows we keep in their cupboard but they would rather snack on some juicy frogs. In the fall, when frogs are very common, they eat at least 5 a day!
your cats love the freeze dried minnows, but would rather snack on some juicy frogs!!! :thumbsup: great!! :)

they sound like 'intrepid' frog hunters! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They like Pure Bites chicken, turkey and duck treats. I also give them bits of plain grilled, baked or broiled meat as a treat/topper to their foods. Every now and then they will get a bit of cheddar cheese.
your Lilith, Sophie, and Henry like Pure Bites chicken, turkey, and duck treats, as well as bits of plain cooked meat as a treat or topper for their meals!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

and every now and then you'll give them a bit of cheddar cheese! :hearthrob:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've never known of a cat other than Velcro (who would surreptitiously eat one if he found it) that would turn down Temptations. They must be kitty crack.
Oh jeeze....so right! Jack and Pepe love the Temptations!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two love Dreamies, especially the chicken flavour. They also love Whiskas treats. Every so often we'll also give them some chicken which is their favourite human food.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Alice isn't really into treats either, she does beg for a little pinch of tuna when I open a pouch or can and I give her a little pinch. I don't have tuna very often so it is definitely a once in a great while deal. Patches also liked tuna but he also liked Greenies, Alice won't do anymore than sniff at them. The last few months that Patches was here I did let him have them. I still have some left. I should throw them away, I can't donate them because they have been opened, but I can't bring myself to throw them away yet.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We don't give treats that often anymore; if we do, it's usually a bit of dry kibble now. They get Cat Sip a few times a week; they love their Sip.

The Beast gets a Pedigree dental treat every morning right before I walk out the door to go to work.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alice isn't really into treats either, she does beg for a little pinch of tuna when I open a pouch or can and I give her a little pinch. I don't have tuna very often so it is definitely a once in a great while deal. Patches also liked tuna but he also liked Greenies, Alice won't do anymore than sniff at them. The last few months that Patches was here I did let him have them. I still have some left. I should throw them away, I can't donate them because they have been opened, but I can't bring myself to throw them away yet.
while your Alice isn't into treats, she does love a little pinch of tuna when you open a pouch or can!!! :thumbsup: awesome!!

your Patches also liked tuna, as well as Greenies!! :redheartpump: excellent!

i'm so very sorry for your loss. sending you :hugs:'s , and your Alice gentle scritches...

it's been over two years since my petite princess, Snick :rbheart:, crossed the Rainbow Bridge......and i still have some of her favorite toys set aside. over time, i've felt that other toys that i had held aside too were okay to give to Dude, DeeDee, and Punky to enjoy...i believe that Snick would have wanted that. but there are still several 'special' toys, that she loved especially much, that i haven't been able to bring myself to share with Dude, DeeDee, and Punky. it's okay to hold on to these things, for as long as we feel the need to. :hugs:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't give my cat's treats..they eat enough already. However, every now and then I will give Samai a spinach leaf. She loves spinach. (should have named her Popeye)
while you don't give your cats treats (they eat well already), your Samai loves a leaf of fresh spinach!!! :clap: very interesting!! :think:

i knew someone whose cat loved fresh cucumber, and i've heard that some cats love watermelon too! :dunno:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
denice denice I am so sorry for your loss-I do understand holding off on throwing out things...It took me some time to pick up Floey's dishes and her beds..sending you hugs. :hugs:

My Honeybee will do ANYTHING for treats. :bliss::bliss:

I got her trained to stand on her back legs and she reaches up with her paws to grab it out of my hand-claws sometimes-bites my fingers sometimes...but she's so cute when she does it. I got her to run up and down the back of the couch following the treat in my fingers.

She jumps up on Jon once every hour beggin for treats. She's not picky. Temptations seems to be the winner but she will eat anything I give her. Cookies, crackers=her favorite, chips, raw meat, veggies-spinach-green beans..she's insane and eats all the time-we call her our garbage disposal but she hates canned foods unless it's got gravy, she likes freeze dried treats-bought all kinds of flavors-she gets mad if her mouth is too dry to pick it up-cause she will lick it and it slides across the table then she jumps down mad-so it has to be in my hand-with hand cupped so it doesn't roll out of my hand...she's a character and I love her.

Pumps won't eat anything other than temptations-she hates most foods other than kibble, tuna and temptations. She sniffs at freeze dried and looks at me like= get this junk outta here!! She only eats shrimp if I cut them up tiny pieces..so very different than Honeybee the hoover kitty.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chocolate will sell her cat soul for either any flavor of Temptations or Party Mix. Darwin will nibble them. Velcro never ate any treats (or people food) until I bought some freeze-dried varieties. I got whitefish cubes, minnows, and flakes of tuna and salmon. Velcro gobbled down everything but the minnows, which both he and Chocolate tried to cover up.

Since I'd been trying to find a motivator for Velcro, I ordered a big bag of salmon cubes, some whitefish, some ahi tuna cubes, and some tiny shrimp. I eagerly offered him some tuna. One sniff and he stalked away. He scattered the shrimp all over the place with his snort of disgust. He nibbled a piece of the whitefish. Finally I offered him some of the salmon, figuring he'd wolf it down. I set it on a piece of newspaper and he did his best to cover it up. He finally gave up and stalked away. A few minutes later he came back and gobbled down every crumb. Then he came looking for more. I gave him a couple of pieces. He tried to bury them. At that point I gave up. Anyone need freeze-dried minnows or shrimp?

your Chocolate adores Temptations and Party Mix, and Darwin will nibble those, while your Velcro likes freeze dried treats -- whitefish and salmon, but no minnows :nono: (and Chocolate agrees completely about the minnows)!!! :thumbsup: great!! :)

my three have only ever had freeze dried chicken treats. i just ordered more (i reorder about every 4 months), and this time i ordered the freeze dried chicken treats as well as one bag of freeze dried salmon treats. i'm thinking they might enjoy a little variety, but we'll see......:crossfingers:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two love Dreamies, especially the chicken flavour. They also love Whiskas treats. Every so often we'll also give them some chicken which is their favourite human food.
your two cats love Dreamies (especially the chicken flavor), and Whiskas treats!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

and they also enjoy some chicken every so often! :clapcat:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't give treats that often anymore; if we do, it's usually a bit of dry kibble now. They get Cat Sip a few times a week; they love their Sip.

The Beast gets a Pedigree dental treat every morning right before I walk out the door to go to work.
a bit of dry kibble, and Cat Sip a few times a week!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

and your Jackie gets a Pedigree dental treat every morning! :cloud9:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
denice denice I am so sorry for your loss-I do understand holding off on throwing out things...It took me some time to pick up Floey's dishes and her beds..sending you hugs. :hugs:

My Honeybee will do ANYTHING for treats. :bliss::bliss:

I got her trained to stand on her back legs and she reaches up with her paws to grab it out of my hand-claws sometimes-bites my fingers sometimes...but she's so cute when she does it. I got her to run up and down the back of the couch following the treat in my fingers.

She jumps up on Jon once every hour beggin for treats. She's not picky. Temptations seems to be the winner but she will eat anything I give her. Cookies, crackers=her favorite, chips, raw meat, veggies-spinach-green beans..she's insane and eats all the time-we call her our garbage disposal but she hates canned foods unless it's got gravy, she likes freeze dried treats-bought all kinds of flavors-she gets mad if her mouth is too dry to pick it up-cause she will lick it and it slides across the table then she jumps down mad-so it has to be in my hand-with hand cupped so it doesn't roll out of my hand...she's a character and I love her.

Pumps won't eat anything other than temptations-she hates most foods other than kibble, tuna and temptations. She sniffs at freeze dried and looks at me like= get this junk outta here!! She only eats shrimp if I cut them up tiny pieces..so very different than Honeybee the hoover kitty.
your Honeybee is not picky, she loves many things for her treats! while your Pumps prefers Temptation treats! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)