TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning!! :wave3:

for today's Question of the Day, let's talk about cat treats!! :purr:

What is your cat's favorite treat(s)?

i'll start!

my three cats love freeze dried chicken treats! :clapcat:
recently, our Punky tried a couple Temptations cat treats -- she loved them! :happycat: we were at the vet's, and our vet gives a few treats to cats after she finishes examining and etc during an office visit. Punky had never had a Temptations treat before -- we stick to freeze dried chicken treats, and kibble for treats. i'm thinking to leave the Temptations as special treats, specifically given when seeing the vet.

How about your cats? which treats do they like?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mowgli can only eat meat or grain-free kibble as a treat. At the moment he loves Happy Cat grain-free rabbit & potato kibble or Vet-Concept freeze-dried venison strips.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats don't like treats but my Vincie girl likes bacon so my helper will make an extra piece for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mowgli can only eat meat or grain-free kibble as a treat. At the moment he loves Happy Cat grain-free rabbit & potato kibble or Vet-Concept freeze-dried venison strips.
your Mowgli loves Happy Cat grain-free rabbit & potato kibble, or Vet-Concept freeze dried venison strips for treats!!! :clap: those sound like great treats!! :D

we do grain-free foods only here too!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats don't like treats but my Vincie girl likes bacon so my helper will make an extra piece for her.
your cats generally don't like treats, but your Vincie girl likes bacon as a treat!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

i remember giving my Mickey :rbheart: and Snick :rbheart: little bits of bacon years ago -- they loved it! i've never given Dude, DeeDee, or Punky any bacon though...:think:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pickle is not into treats but is partial to a nibble of what I am eating.
Kiwi loves cooked chicken and Buzz goes nuts for Dreamies

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Freeze dried meat or fish treats - any kind! They all go nuts for them! Grischy and Asha go wild for cheese too! Asha adores Smilla Hearties treats (little kibble things) as well. Leah (Labrador) just likes EVERYTHING!....especially if it's made for kitties :rolleyes::lol:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pickle is not into treats but is partial to a nibble of what I am eating.
Kiwi loves cooked chicken and Buzz goes nuts for Dreamies
your Pickle isn't into treats, but does enjoy a nibble of what you're eating, while Kiwi loves cooked chicken, and your Buzz loves Dreamies!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Freeze dried meat or fish treats - any kind! They all go nuts for them! Grischy and Asha go wild for cheese too! Asha adores Smilla Hearties treats (little kibble things) as well. Leah (Labrador) just likes EVERYTHING!....especially if it's made for kitties :rolleyes::lol:
freeze dried meat or fish treats, your Grischy and Asha love cheese, and Asha also adores the Smilla Hearties treats!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

and your Leah likes everything, especially if it's made for cats! :agree:

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
With the greatest thanks and relief, Dudley's favourite treats are 'Beaphar Cat-Calming treats with valerian'. :cloud9:

Parker thinks everything is a treat. :footinmouth:

(Naturally, they're both partial to the odd Dreamie [Temptation] but I'm a meanie and will only let them have Hairball treatment Dreamies.) :redtongue:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the greatest thanks and relief, Dudley's favourite treats are 'Beaphar Cat-Calming treats with valerian'. :cloud9:

Parker thinks everything is a treat. :footinmouth:

(Naturally, they're both partial to the odd Dreamie [Temptation] but I'm a meanie and will only let them have Hairball treatment Dreamies.) :redtongue:
your Dudley's favorite treats are Beaphar Cat-Calming treats with valerian, Parker thinks everything is a treat, and both like the occasional Dreamies treat -- the kind that are for hairball treatment!!! :thumbsup: great!! :)

that's a really good way to get the hairball treatment in, in a treat! :agree:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
One of our friends gave our cats a Meowbox for Christmas and it contained these freeze-dried chicken treats. The kitties love them!

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 8.00.11 AM.png

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jack loves the freeze dried minnows. The crunching sound he makes when gobbling them up makes his kittysmama very happy (and that alone makes the price worth it!).

And Jack and Pepe love shrimp or chicken we share with them when Kim and I eat dinner.

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , Yeah, luckily they like all the brands of hairball treats I give them. And those mixed with daily games of "ninja pounce and roll" on the hair-grabbing hall rug, means we've not been bothered by them (:crossfingers:). However, the flat is most certainly bothered by copious hairballs! :sigh:

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I'd say those freeze dried minnows we keep in their cupboard but they would rather snack on some juicy frogs. In the fall, when frogs are very common, they eat at least 5 a day!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They like Pure Bites chicken, turkey and duck treats. I also give them bits of plain grilled, baked or broiled meat as a treat/topper to their foods. Every now and then they will get a bit of cheddar cheese.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't give my cat's treats..they eat enough already. However, every now and then I will give Samai a spinach leaf. She loves spinach. (should have named her Popeye)